cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing ECC 6 installation to HA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am planning to install ECC6 into a standard AIX environment and later make it part of a HA cluster. Is there a white paper on doing this - I've looked but can't find it. I propose to install the system with ASCS, which is a pre-requisite for HA. Do you have any other suggestions? Can this be easily done?

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Graham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Graham,

I am not sure about your solution, but just want to highlight, that once you install the system with std configuration, where all the parameter gets install, you can deattached as per the HA requirement??

Because while in HA installation you have to define the virtual ip/server name to install the ASCS, SCS, DB, CI instance...

The note mentioned above is for separting the instance.. which you dont have?

Lets see what experts want to comment.

Regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can perform a standard installation and then convert that to HA (including changing physical hostnames to virtual names etc..)

Your IBM HACMP consultant can help you with it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses so far. I have installed the system with a virtual hostname from the start, although I did not install an ASCS because this is a central instance only and will be running as an Active-Passive cluster. This means that failure of any one of the services in the CI means that the whole node needs to fail over anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

I see that you have installed a "Central System"; i.e. CI + SCS together.

This will not give you the flexibility for full HA in the future. Replicated Enqueue is based on a separate SCS (i.e. not loss of transactional data on Switchover) as is the future SAP Rolling Kernel Upgrade.

SAP is investing a lot in Zero Downtime, these features are based partially on a dedicated SCS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do it after the standard install, see note 821904.

-Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

just follow installation guide. this part is covered over there.

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/instguides --> SAP NetWeaver --> SAP NetWeaver 2004 --> Installation

cheers,

-Sunil