Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with executing a transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

While executing transaction ME54N, user is getting error message: not authorised to use transaction ME54N

While going through his profile, I see he is given acess to this transaction. Other users with the same role in their profile doesn't have any authorisation issues.

Any suggestions!!

Thanks

Paramita

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paramita,

Try user compare once.

Thanks,

saga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paramita,

Could you please check if the user master comparision for the user in question has been done or not.If not, do an user master comparision so that the changes are reflected in the user's profile.

After this has been done, please request the user to log off and login again and check if he can access the txn or not.

Thanks,

Saby..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also check as to what authorization objects are being maintained in SU24 for this tcode.

Once you have found the auth objects, you can check the role if all these auth objects exist. There are times when the role is created with the tcode, certain objects are missed.

As far as the other users who can access this is concerned. May be they are getting access to this missing object through a different role.

Thanks !

0 Kudos

hi,

If you want to know what the user realy has rights to look into transaction SU56. When you start this it gives your authorizations, but in the left corner on top of the screen you see a button with which you can select an other user. Select also the object s_tcode and look for the profile belonging to the role in which your me54n transaction is. It will give you a lot of information. Your problem could be that the role is not properly generated, it is not accepted in the user profile (su01), you have to much profiles.

Have fun

Bye Jan van Roest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Paramita,

go to Table "TSTCA" and type in Transaction code Me54n and check if there is any object available.

If so please make sure that this object is added to his user master record of the user.

Thanks,

Rakesh.T

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Paramita,

you have already received some suggestions....

To verify, if the user really faces an authorization error (as the message he gest might be misleading), pls run an authorization trace (ST01) for this user.

If no auth.-check fails and this user gets still the message, a transaction specific setting for this user might be the cause.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Transaction specific settings means custom tables?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Sachhidanand Rankhambe

0 Kudos

Hi Sachhidanand,

yes, that is what I meant.

But I found out, that also other checks could lead to the problem. Pls check, if you have some additional checks activated in the BADIs ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST and/or ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST. Also there is an enhancement MEREQ001 available, where additional checks could be performed.

b.rgds, Bernhard