cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scheduling line types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus

Where is the utility of schedule line types? Can some one explain the assignment and final usage of this config. element.

Regards and thanks in advace

Ramakrishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for response resolved

kris

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramakrishna

The schedule line type specifies whether an item is a backlog item, or one which is required immediately.

The R/3 System contains the following schedule line types for component suppliers:

- Fixed date

- Backlog

- Immediate requirement

- Forecast delivery schedule

- Just-in-time (JIT) delivery schedule

The schedule line type is for information purposes only and does not in any way influence processing.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear lakshmipati

I appreciate your reply close to my expectation as I didn't find this field assigned anywhere and assume that clearly it is a field for information purpose only. Can I have an example what important busines info this field can generate from querries?

Pleaser feel free to repeat my question for more clarity if not understood.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Together with the sales document types and item categories schedule line determine &

SAP System only copy items of a sales document to a delivery if they have schedule lines. The control of the schedule lines depends on the schedule line category.

the following menu options describe how you define schedule line categories or adapt them to the requirements of your organization.

Regards

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

My quetion is about schedule line types in scheduling agreements configuration

regards and thanks for response

Ramakrishna.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Your availability check & tranfer of requirements is based on schedule line catg.

For some schedule lines you dont do availability check & TOR. For eg returns scenario.

Also schedule line catg controls creation of purchase req for TAS items.

You propose the schdule line catg basing on item catg / MRP type. MRP type controls the TOR.

In SPRO --> SD --> Basic functions --> Availability check & TOR you define the settings based on schedule lines.

These are some imp implications of schedule lines.

Regards,

Sivanand