cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy in CONS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working with scenario 2+.

When I make a correction in the CONS system, I check-in the changes to the DTR, activate the activities and release to the transport.

When exactly these changes are deployed to the CONS system?

I made a change in a WebDynpro DC and I couldnt see the change after a while. Does the WAS have a timing to do the deploy?

I also changed a Java Project DC that is referenced by an EAR project DC. I changed the Java Project, and also activate and release the transport of it, but I cannot see the changes.

Is there any configuration to have lastest code deployed in the WAS as soon as I transport the activities in the CONS?

thanks for your reply,

Deborah Pandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Deborah,

You have written that you made changes in the CONS system. Do you mean that you imported the dev config *_c and then made changes in that.

If yes then it works in exactly the same manner. After you release the activity you will have to import that into the CONS system using CMS. Also the same chanegs will be availabel in the dev tab also. Here when you import i believe you will get some conflicts which you will have to resolve and import.

WAS does not have any timing for deploying. When you import the activity it gets deployed to the corresponding runtime system if one is available.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

That exactly what I am doing. The difference with DEV is that you can check the "Disable automatic deployment" in the landscape configurator in the DEV runtime system. I dont have declared a CONS system, only a DEV y TST.

So, checking the "Disable automatic deployment" in DEV, the changes are not deployed to the server. I tried activating activities and release a transport but no change takes efect.

Any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you check "Disable automatic deployment" you must go to the TCS Deployer (http://<hostname>:<port>/TCS/Deployer) to manually deploy your requests.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1- If you configure a CONS runtime system, does it have the same buildspace as the CONS buildspace created with the track?

2- If you disabled the "automatic deployment" in DEV and enable it for CONS runtime system, the DCs will not overwrite each other, right?

3- In the DEV buildspace, having the DEV runtime system enabled for automatic deployment, the changes are deployed when I activate an activity. In the CONS buildspace, when a change is exactly deployed?

4- I want to be able to access the CONS buildspace deployed changes, without having to import it to TEST runtime system. I have the DEV buildspace with the automatic deployment disabled in the DEV runtime system. is it possible to access the CONS buildspace changes deployed, that are activated in CONS (after activating or assembly)? or when having DEV and TST runtime systems, Will I be able only to access deployed files in DEV buildspace and TST buildspace only?