Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need case to implement Solman

former_member1240896
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our company SAP is already implemented.

There are some projects running on the instance like -

a) setting up new plants and their relevent changes to the respective funtional area ( OM , Procurement etc).

b) retiring an legacy application and implementing theri functionality into SAP.

For such projects we want to use Solman for document repository, org structures etc.

The documents consists of BRDs, ADD, Technical design docs etc.

For the above case what is the best approach of using Solman?

Also let me know if you already implemented case studies for the above scenario.

Regards,

Chandan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Create a project in solution manager using solar_project_admin

The from solar01 create folders for ur project

then you can upload all the document for each business process

Selec in solar01 business process on the left and on the right side choose th project documentation tab and upload the document.

refer to Help.sap and service marketplace incase of more detailed information.

Pls assign pts.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member1240896
Participant
0 Kudos

ok

former_member1240896
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Thierry,

earlier we were using share point as document repository.

now the management decided not to use sharepoint and use a tool as doc repository.

so we were thinking of Solman but not sure how to go about it.

Do you have any use case which has implemented solman?

Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know if this answers your question but if you want to document existing business process repository with information on the business processes you use in production , you can use a service like RBE + from IBIS.

SAP also has Solution Documentation Assistant which is supposed to do something like that but I'm not familiar with it.

Once your BPR is setup, all you have to do is put your documents in the appropriate place in SOLAR01.

In my case , I wonder where we should put general documentation like System wide technical architecture documents which is not specific to a business process. Perhaps someone has a suggestion ?

Thierry