cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic long text in Adobe Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Since I cannot find a satisfying answer, i just want to be sure about the following:

Is it possible to include a long text dynamicly in an Adobe Form?

I have a requirement that a company wants to maintain there own standard texts and if a new text in a certain namespace is created it should automatically be included in my Adobe Form.

When searching on SDN i found the following weblog: [SAP Network Blog: Adobe Interactive Forms: page breaks, long texts and formatting|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8139] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Is this the only way? So the real include text options from Smartforms are completely gone?

Hope to receive some helpful answers.

Kind regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can include dynamic texte in your form . If your forms is based on DDIC interface on the context part you cann add node type Text . Fro each node of type Text you have to set if it's a dynamic text ( smartforms text ) , or include text ( sapscript's ) .

If your form is based on a XML interface just add a node with the all value required .

Hope this help you .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hu Buijink,

We have one option to display the Long Text i.e. by using the WebService. We call the WebService in the "Form Ready" event using either by JavaScript or FormCalc in the Adobe Form.

In the Function Module(For which we create the WebService), we can use the two DDIC structures :

1. THEAD - Text Header

2. TLINE - Text Lines

SO10 is the TransactionCode (For Standard Text)

We have a Function Module where we have read_text ( to read the text) and save_text (is to create text)

{this text are used in SAP scripts...

the standard text is identified by three parameters :

1. Text Name

2. Text ID ( ST for standard text )

3. Language

}

OR

You can use any other method in the Function Module(For which the WebService is created).

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Edited by: Pradeep Goli on Oct 24, 2008 10:43 AM