Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

element printed at end of main window without belongs to another window

MauricioMiao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to print a text at end of main window, the text is a footer, there is inside the main window a table that will print items so if I use the footer option of the table my text is printed and end of table and not at end of main window, if I create another window I will need to reduce the size of the main window otherwise it can happen that the texts are overwrited.

So how can i have a main window that occupy the whole form size and have a text that is printed always at end of main window?

If someone from SAP is reading this it would be so nice to have such a option in future releases, just a flag in all elements to set that I want to print that element at end of the window the element belongs to.

Regards,

Mauricio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you working on Script or Smartform??

I suppose you are working on Smartforms, IF it is Yes..then in the conditions tab of the element you have Additional Events, under that...just check the check box...at the end of Main Window...You dont need to create another Window for this.

This will resolve the isssue.

Regards,

Vishwa.

Edited by: Vishwa Sri Hari on Oct 23, 2008 6:56 PM

MauricioMiao
Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried that but it did not work, it simply do not print anything.

Regards,

Mauricio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Maurico.

Did you leave some space after the Main Window in the Page?? I mean If the Page is full of the Main Window without leaving some space towards the end of the page..then my previous reply wont work...

Regards,

Vishwa.

MauricioMiao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is what I do not want to do, I do not want to reduce the size of my main window because this will cause loss of paper, the footer is bigger than the item table itself if the item table has 3 items, so if I reduce the main window to allow space for all the footer than I have to waste half of the page in case more than one page is generated.

Regards,

Mauricio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is another Method. In the footer Node of the table(header,main area,footer(this footer i am talking about))...create an element and in the conditions tab of the element.

Check the check box At Page Break...It should print at the bottom of the page.

Also, in the Output Options of the Footer Node of the table....Under Print Time,Select "At Page Break".

Regards,

Vishwa.

Edited by: Vishwa Sri Hari on Oct 24, 2008 5:05 PM

MauricioMiao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwa,

I am going to try and see what happens, but first I need to finish the item design.

I will let you know if that worked or not.

Regards,

Mauricio

MauricioMiao
Contributor
0 Kudos

After tests the solution proposed did not solve my problem, so I end up creating a workaround where I placed everything I need to print in the footer of the table and if there are few items, I insert blank lines in the table to be able to position the footer at the end of main window, it is not the best and bullet proof solution but is the best I can do with the smartform limits.

Regards

Mauricio

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Within the table create the line type and in the footer of the table assign the line type create the text node in the cell and display the text at the end of the table.

Or

Create the window after the table --> create the text node and write the text and display.

Regards,

Sravanthi

MauricioMiao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi,

I can not do it because I do not want to reduce the size of my main window.

Regards,

Mauricio