Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP roles available in Create Contract screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I need your help and advice on the foll situation:

I am working on an upgrade project from 4.7 to ECC 6 in RE-FX.

In the old system (4.7) the user was able to see only three BP roles when he would click on the 'Assign new partner' button while creating a contract under a specific contract type.

After the upgrade, now he finds that ALL the BP roles are appearing in the List of Values (LOV) when he is clicking on the 'Assign new partner' button while creating a contract for the same contract type. He wants only those three BP roles to appear in the LOV as it originally appeared in the old 4.7 system.

On my part i did the following:

1. I read the SAP note 734981 and found that the new table that is maintained in ECC 6 is called TIVBPOBJROLE. I checked this table for the specified contract type and found that there are only those three BP roles maintained as in the old system. In spite of that the LOV shows ALL the BP roles that have been created.

Can someone please guide me as to HOW do i remove entries from the LOV so that only these three roles only appear when i click on the 'Assign new partner' button in create contract for the specified contract type?

This is becoming a hot issue for the client. Any help is welcome.

Regards,

Suvarghya Dutta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suvarghya,

You define for which object type you want to be able to assign business partners and which roles this partner can have in this (V_ TIVBPOBJROLE)

In table V_TIVCNCCTADD you can change the field (Partner Role MCP 1) BPROLETYPE1 in the contract types and it will propose this type of bp in that contract typeu2026 Please consider that you cannot activate a contract until it has exactly one business partner with this role.

Regards,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diana,

I am sorry but i did not quite follow you. I had mentioned that the table has already been maintained and it also has some lines which do not have any contract tyoes mentioned as Differentiation Criterion. Do you think, if i delete those empty lines, then the problem will be rectified?

Regards,

Suvarghya Dutta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suvarghya,

But you have some of those lines associeted to the contract types, correct?

Regards,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diana,

Many thanks for your help. I have been able to solve the issue. In the first posting I had mentioned that in the table V_TIVBPOBJROLE, there are quite a few lines which had the BP role category maintained against RE Object Type IS, ie RE contract. However, since there were no contract types that were maintained against them, these BP Roles became applicable to all the cotract types.

Deleting these lines solved the problem. Now, only those lines remain where there is a distinct assignment of contract type to BP role type.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Suvarghya Dutta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

To add to the above let me also say that while checking the same table i also found some rows which do not have a contract type specified (for the Diff Criterion) but has a BP role assigned in that line. Does it mean that these BP roles are made applicable to ALL the contract types?

Also, please can someone tell me how to control the items that appear in a LOV?

Regards,

Suvarghya Dutta