cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3-IDOC-XI-WS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am working on PI 7.1 and have a business scenario where in..when a user creates a Plant maintenance order using IW31 transaction, i need to send the record details to PI where, through the use of ccBPM i need to call relevant Webservices from a java based system.

R/3------->PI.......>java system

So i felt triggering an idoc as soon as PM order is created is suitable. So i this context i have some issues.

1) do u guys think this is the best approach or is athere anyother better solution?

2) what is the correct config to be done on R/3 and PI (though i have seen many blogs...i dont feel any of them are complete..so please dont point to any blogs unless u feel they are complete in all ways)

3) how to configure the triggering of the idoc as soon as IW31 is used to create an order?

This is very criticla to start off my work. so please help me with relevant and apt answers if possible..

Thanks

Jhansi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on PI 7.1 and have a business scenario where in..when a user creates a Plant maintenance order using IW31 transaction, i need to send the record details to PI where, through the use of ccBPM i need to call relevant Webservices from a java based system.

Requirement as per my understanding is User will create the PM order in R/3 and you need to trigger IDOC send a call with relevant data to a Java based system web service. Right?

1) do u guys think this is the best approach or is athere anyother better solution?

I don't see any use of BPM here. First is posting of PO is a seperate event? if yes then you can trigger it as a background job itself in R/3.

You can use Client proxy or IDOC adapter to bring in the data for webservice call. Import the WSDL in PI and just map it to the target structure configure SOAP adapter all done.

2) what is the correct config to be done on R/3 and PI (though i have seen many blogs...i dont feel any of them are complete..so please dont point to any blogs unless u feel they are complete in all ways)

For client proxy one RFC connection of type H is required from R/3 to PI system

3) how to configure the triggering of the idoc as soon as IW31 is used to create an order?

This i would like to know the method of posting of Order.

Thanks

Gaurav

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can either use Idocs or system events to trigger a client proxy. for configuring sender idoc, there are lot of documentation available. A simple google will give u SAP How To docs. For calling a simple web service (only one and no conditions and splits etc) BPM is not needed. Do not over engineer the interface.

VJ