cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing function module gives error "Portal request failed: Connection fa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a Function module Z_SAT_CREDITLIMIT_CHANGE which in itself accesses the SAP Update Function module

UPDATE/INSERT of the credit limit(CREDITLIMIT_CHANGE)

and writes the changed data to the Table KNKK(Customer Master Credit Management : Control Area Data).

While executing this fn module Z_SAT_CREDITLIMIT_CHANGE

from VC storyboard i received error "Portal request failed:

Connection failed: Nested Exception: Native Connection to backend system is broken" . Z_SAT_CREDITLIMIT_CHANGE executes fine and updates data in ECC system.

Than i noticed further that while commenting the part of code in Z_SAT_CREDITLIMIT_CHANGEwhere call to fn module CREDITLIMIT_CHANGE is made there's no error recieved and Z_SAT_CREDITLIMIT_CHANGE executes without error but obviously no data is updated.

Appreciate if any one can please explain how can i use CREDITLIMIT_CHANGE in Z_SAT_CREDITLIMIT_CHANGE

without any errors.

Kind Regards,

Robin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

The Function Modules cannot use in VC. We can use only BAPIs. Enables the "Remote Function Call" check box for the function module in SE37 to enable it as a BAPI. Try this

Kind Regards

Basheer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member4251
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Also, check that the user with the one you're accessing to the backend have permissions to execute the Dataservice at the backend system.

You should check the usermapping to know which is the user at backend.

Best Regards,

Luis