cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone Billing Plan issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario of project sales. The billing will be order based - 50% after order confirmation, 40% after delivery & 10% after installation & testing.

I am using milestone billing plan for my project sales. I am not using the project system. I have created the billing plan in the following way:

1. Define billing plan types. I have copied from standard billing plan 01 & saved as Z type.

2. Define date descriptions. I have created 3 different date descriptions - a) Order confirmed, b) Delivery done, c) Installation & testing done.

3. Define & assign date categories. I created 3 different entries. First for the down payment at the time of order confirmation........i used the date description as down payment. The billing rule selected was "Down payment in milestone billing on percentage basis". The fixed date selected was "Fixed date, date not copied from milestone". The billing block selected was "calculation missing". The billing type selected was "FAZ".

For the second part (40% after delivery) I used the date description as delivery done. The billing rule selected was "Milestone billing on a percentage basis". The fixed date selected was "Fixed date, date not copied from milestone". The billing block selected was "calculation missing". The billing type selected was "FV".

For the third part (10% after installation) I used the date description as installation done. The billing rule selected was "Closing invoice in milestone billing". The fixed date selected was "Fixed date, date not copied from milestone". The billing block selected was "calculation missing". The billing type selected was "FV".

4. Maintain date proposals. I maintain 3 different dates with an interval of 5 days. For first step i selected the date description as "order confirmation"......billing % as 50%........selected the block......billing relevance as down payment on % basis.........payment term..........billing type as FAZ.

For second step i sselected the date description as "delivery done".......billing % as 40%........selected the block........billing relevance as "Milestone billing on a percentage basis".......payment term........billing type as FV.

For third step i selected the date description as "installation done"......billing % as 10%.......selected the block..........billing relevance as "Closing invoice in milestone billing".......payment term......billing type as FV.

5. Assign billing plan types to sales document types....I assigned the billing plan to the sales doucment for project sales.

6. Assign billing plan types to item categories.....I assigned the billing plan to the item category of the project item....with billing relevance as "I-Order-relevant billing - billing plan".....billing plan as the milestone billing plan.

Copy controls: I maintained the copy control settings in VTFA.......sales order to billing document type FAZ & FV as well. In the transaction code VOV8 for the sales order document type I maintained the order related billing type as FV.

Now I created a project sales order.......the system displayed the billing plan tab......the milestones were shown but the data regarding the billing percentage.......payment terms.........billing relevance.....was not shown. I entered all the details......with the document types as

FAZ

FV

FV.

I removed the block from the first milestone......down payment.

Now i created an invoice in VF01......selected the order number for reference......the system created 2 invoices.......1 for the down payment request & the other contract invoice. The down payment request had the correct amount but the contract invoice did not display any value.......

How should i correct the settings so the system will only create the relevant invoice......

With best regards,

Niyaz.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have done a good job.

Enter different dates in sales order for each Milestone and assign billing block save the sales order.

Goto change sales order, remove the block for one billing date.

In billing screen, enter sales order no. don't press enter

Click on Selection date (Shift+F7) enter the date range and press enter. you will get only first billing that is 50%.

Actually we are using PS, milestones and billing dates will be copied from there.

Regards,

Chandra

Answers (0)