cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired License.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The license on a "Web AS Java" installation has expired. I do have a new license but I can't get into the visual admin as the server doesn't come up.

I'm familiar with installing a license using the Visual Admin's "License Adapter".

Is there another way of installing the license, say, using config tool etc?

Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

the server definitely should run for 30 minutes (at least from starting it). Shut it down completely and restart, after about 15 minutes it should be up and running, enough time for accessing the VisualAdmin.

If it doesn't, check the logs for the detailed error message.

Maybe setting the clock some days back could do the trick, too.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I havn't tried the 30 minutes thingy for this solution.

My server had unsuccessfully started, half way through where it wouldn't permit a regular admin to log into Visual admin.

But to answer your question, Config tool works offline. It does not require the server to be up.

When I activated the emergency user and restarted the server, it did not complain about license.

On second thoughts, the reason coul dbe one of the following:

1) Either the server does not chk license when brought up with Emergency User activated (in which case, all other users are deactivated).

2) OR, I might have been within the 30 mins window that Detlev mentioned.

Regards,

KUmar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev, thanks for the response.

BTW, following is how I resolved the issue:

1. Activate the Emergency user using the config tool.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3a/4a0640d7b28f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm

2. logged into the visual admin using the emergency user.

3. installed the license using "License Adapter".

4. logged back into config tool and deactivated the emergency user.

Be sure to restart server after steps 1 and 4.

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

But, looking at the way you have done, I wonder how you were able to start the engine before step 2. I was thinking you need not use the Super admin (sap*) to install a licence as the server would stop only after 30 minutes as said in the previous reply.

anyay, glad it worked!

Kiran