cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of orginals between two KPro storage systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I have created a document and checked in the originals into Storage category - SAP-SYSTEM (DMS_C1_ST-Default storage DMS (main files)).I have checked "Use KPro" configuration in "Define document type". Now, I need to migrate this originals into a fileshare system, which i have created as a new storage category(ZNEWDMS).How can I go about?

I know there is program DMS_KPRO_CONVERT available. But this program migrates documents from DMS storage(Vault, Server, Archive) to KPro storage. My requirement is to migrate the originals between two KPro storages ie From DMS_C1_ST to ZNEWDMS.

Could anybody help me on this?

Regards

S.Sivakumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For migrating between two Kpro systems use program RSIRPIRL. See note 389366 for more information.

I've used it numerous times. I've moved 200 000+ files in a single job across continents and it works well.

Run it in background and restart if it fails. Even when it fails, it does not cause corrupt or lost data.

Regards,

Espen Leknes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Espen Leknes

Thanks a lot. It worked perfect. Full points awarded.

Regards

S.Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I noticed this thread is a bit old, but I thought I would ask anyways.

I have the following situation:

Multiple SAP Instances, each with their own KPRO. A consolidation project to move towards a single SAP Instance. The multiple KPRO's stay as is.

I am assuming the easiest wat to go about this is to ALE all the metadata of the various SAP instances to the new instance. Would the KPRO links remain intact?

As part of the consolidation, Objects like materials and equipments have changed, e.g. Material 100 has changed to Material E100. For this I would assume a Bapi to update all the DIR's with the new Objects? This I am hoping would sever the old Object Link and create the new one?

Any suggestions please.

Thanks.

Freddie.

Answers (0)