Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming SAP Services outside SAP

former_member198060
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to consume SAP enterprise services outside of SAP but I am not sure if my way of doing it is the right one.

I called the transaction WSADMIN, chose the Service I want to consume and then download its WSDL file.

My problem here is that in the WSDL file there is SAP specific content e.g. marked by <sap:Feature...>

Now when I try to import the WSDL file in another application it gives me back an errormessage. Importing is working when I delete all the SAP specific things from the WSDL. Am I doing something wrong here or is that the way it is supposed to happen?

Also how does the authentication work? Do I have to edit my SOAP message I am sending back to SAP and for example append authentication GET-parameters to the called URL?

Will a pop-up appear when I am not sending authentication details asking me for my username and password? Or will I only receive an error message?

I also would like to know where the actual mapping of data used in services to backend data takes place.

For example let's say you have to define a new Business Object and a new Process Component, in which step do you map your data to the backend database? Or is it somehow done by global data types? Then again, what if you have to enhance you GDTs with additional fields?

Hope you can help me to shed some light on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should not check the checkbox SAP features....

Just download the WSDL-file....

The authentication depends on the envirionment you want to trigger the service.

In the latest programming languages like C# for example visual studio generates classes out of the WSDL-file... With this classes you can specify your username and password for example...

regards