cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove/Hide attachment button from Travel and Expense application!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on ESS-Travel and Expense application. On the first view there is an attachment button. My client don't want this button. I tried my best to find out this button. But it seems that this button is getting created at run time. Can anyone please suggest from where it is getting created and how I can hide it.

Thanks & Regards,

Vaibhav Tiwari.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Why even find it in the code. You should be able to hide it using application configuration. In SE80, right mouse click on the application and choose Create/Change Configuration. You can create a component configuration and hide the button using this configuration. You can then use this configuration as the default config. for the particluar application.

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas Jung,

The configuration for the component is already existing and I am changing this existing configuration. I made the changes successfully, saved these changes and even a transport request got created. But when I reopen the configuration it doesn't show me the changes I made. Is there any other way to do it or its not possible to change the existing standard configuration.

Thanks and regards,

Vaibhav Tiwari.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

When you arn the application are you sure it is accessing that configuration? It is possible to change SAP configurations, but the changes will be overwitten if the object is replaced in the next support package/enhancement package. The suggestion is to copy the configuration and make changes to it.

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas Jung,

Actually I havn't worked on Configuration Editor for Web Dynpro. So can you please tell me how to copy the existing standard Configuration. As I am trying to copy it but its saying "This Function Is Not Implemented Yet". Please help.

Regards,

Vaibhav Tiwari.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What support package level are you on? It must be very old for that function not to be implemented.

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Please tell how to know the support package level.

Thanks and Regards,

Vaibhav Tiwari.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

From any SAPGUI transaction choose System->Status then click on the Component Information button (in the middle of the far right of the screen right aver the Component Version and before the Installation Number in the SAP System data group).

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Its SAP ECC 6.0. And when I see the level it 0033 for all the HR components and level is 600. Please suggest what to do now.

Regards,

Vaibhav Tiwari.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Since you are asking a Web Dynpro question, how about telling us what your Basis (SAP_BASIS) patch level is. Your HR patch level is pretty meaningless to the discussion. I'd imagine from the not yet supported message that your patch level is going to be very low and the suggestion is going to be that your company should apply the latest patch level if you want this functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are also facing the same issue. Our SAP_BASIS is Release: 700 Level: 0015.

Could you please let us know which patch level/release is required to be installed.

Regards,

Aditya.

Edited by: Aditya Atluri on Oct 29, 2008 11:47 PM

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have solved the problem. I changed the Component configuration instaed of application configuration and it worked.

Regards,

Vaibhav Tiwari.

former_member342104
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

use this code DATA LO_ND_CHECK TYPE REF TO IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE.

DATA LO_EL_CHECK TYPE REF TO IF_WD_CONTEXT_ELEMENT.

DATA LS_CHECK TYPE WD_THIS->ELEMENT_CHECK.

DATA LV_CHECK1 LIKE LS_CHECK-CHECK1.

• navigate from <CONTEXT> to <CHECK> via lead selection

LO_ND_CHECK = WD_CONTEXT->GET_CHILD_NODE( NAME = WD_THIS->WDCTX_CHECK ).

• get element via lead selection

LO_EL_CHECK = LO_ND_CHECK->GET_ELEMENT( ).

• get single attribute

LO_EL_CHECK->GET_ATTRIBUTE(

EXPORTING

NAME = `CHECK1`

IMPORTING

VALUE = LV_CHECK1 ).

if LV_CHECK1 = 'X'.

LO_EL_CHECK->set_attribute(

name = `CHECK1`

value = ' ' ).

else.

LO_EL_CHECK->set_attribute(

name = `CHECK1`

value = 'X' ).

endif.

write this to modifyview.

data:

lr_container type ref to cl_wd_uielement_container,

lr_button type ref to cl_wd_button.

• get a pointer to the RootUIElementContainer

lr_container ?= view->get_element( 'ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER' ).

• create the button and add it to the container

lr_button = cl_wd_button=>new_button( text = `Confirm` ).

cl_wd_flow_data=>new_flow_data( element = lr_button ).

lr_container->add_child( lr_button ).

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Dear kk,

Perhaps instead of just posting a code snippet, some explaination might be helpful. I assume you are suggesting that the button is created dynamically in the WDDOMODIFYVIEW method. In the future just describe what you think the standard Application might be doing.