cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make to order scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gurus,

in the make to order scenario after sales order creation production order is generated and according to my understanding the finished production date will be defaulted to sales order material availability date, am i correct or it does not happen please correct me, if iam right then in our system it is not happening, can anyone suggest me and throw some light on this regarding any configurations settings i have to maintain in system. please gurus as this is creating so many problems with us and production guys for prompt delivery date to customers. please suggest me.

Kind regards,

Chakri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

In the material master, in MRP2 screen, there is something called inhouse production time & GR processing time. That is the time required for the PP to produce the material & make it available.

When you enter the material in the sales order, system will take this time as the replenishment time & does the availability check. Accordingly it will propose the confirmed delivery date.

When a MTO item is entered, the system will automatically create a PR basing onthe scheduleline catg settings. The PR will convert into production order or purchanse order basing on the item catg settings.

When the material is manufactured, then the PP does a back flush into the plant. then a GR is done into the plant & the material is deemed to be available.

Pls check with your PP guys in your proj about the PP settings that they make coz I am not so sure about that settings.

So when the system proposes the MAD material availability date, it means that by that date GR is done into the plant stock & then item is available.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI cHHAKRI

Please check the Requested delivery date for the main item in the Sales order beacuse based on this date system will give the Schedule line confirm date.

You are absolutely right, that the production end date immediately becomes the MATERIAL AVAILABILITY date is SD and the shipping process will start from this date and system will give you a confirm delivery date in the schedule line taking this date into consideration.