cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check in SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus!

as we know, there are two things decide the scope of availability check in sales order, availability check group in meterial master data (might be 02 or kp) and checking rule (like A/AE/AW).

my wondering is that how the system decides which checking rule is used in a certain transaction, like in sales order. for example, if you create a consignment issue order(KE), the checking rule will be AW, for the system checks the consignment stock for this kind of orders.

i remember that this assignment of checking rule in SD is fixed in standard SAP, is it in a internal table that controls that? if so which conditions in that table that decide the checking rule?

thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

I think here is what you are looking for. In case of sales documents the checking rule (PRREG) is hard coded in program SAPFV45V, include FV45VF0C_CATALOGUE_BUILD:

• PRREG

LS_CATALOGUE-VALUE = 'A'. " tmvfp-obvfp.

LS_CATALOGUE-VALUE+1(1) = VBAP-SOBKZ.

LS_CATALOGUE-KFDNA = 'PRREG'.

APPEND LS_CATALOGUE TO X_CATALOGUE.

The first letter is always an A and the second one is simply the special stock indicator (SOBKZ) of the item.

E Orders on hand

K Consignment (vendor)

M Ret.trans.pkg vendor

O Parts prov. Vendor

P Pipeline material

Q Project stock

V Ret. pkg w. customer

W Consignment (cust.)

Y Shipping unit (whse)

Is this what you were looking for?

Best regards

René

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's the one right there. thanks Rene!

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Checking rule feature is an SAP designed entity following a certain standard logic for the availability check (nothing to do with an internal table which is an ABAP coding tool to retrive, change, update data etc in the database tables). The checking rule is assigned to the checking group (standard or user defined) to meet your availability check requirements.

You may need to use only the existing checking rules in the system which cannot be changed or copied or any new ones created.

I hope this information helps to clarify the checking rule

Best Regards

Sitaraman

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all for your replies.

it would be highly appreciated if someone is telling that with internal table or logic that SAP use to determine this in SD....

thanks again!

former_member396676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can define checking rules for the following applications:

Sales and distribution

MRP

Production order processing

Maintenance order processing

Service processing

Inventory management

You can thus carry out various application-related checks for a material.

Menu path- IMG-Production-Shop floor control-operations- availability check-Define checking rule

Thanks,

Vrajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In this step you can define the business transactions. These transactions must also be available in the APO planning system. Here the availability check control is carried out for the transactions.

You can find the business transactions in the APO planning system (Field BPROC) under:

Global ATP -> Settings -> Rule-based ATP -> Conditions -> Assign rule strategy.

GO TO =>IMG-SD-BF-AVAILABILITY-AVAILABILITY CHECK-RULE BASED AVAILABILITY-DEFIN

I AM NOT SURE WHETHER IT SOLVES UR QUERY BUT I GIVING MINE.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Michael

Actually Checking Rule is maintained in OPPJ and Yes you can define the checking rule for reservations via the configuration menu for production orders but in SD, the checking rule is specified internally within the system and cannot be changed

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

i also tried to search for it some time back but did not find the place where it is hard coded.