cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTFS junction points in file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

As for my system (NW70 SPS14), file adapter can't resolve symbolic links when configured as NFS/sender.

So I have D:\very\big\level\of\deep\some\directory and D:\dsfs pointed at it using JP. In RWB I can see following error message: Configured source directory 'D:\dsfs' does not exist

Why is FA so stupid?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can set the folder using either:

D:\very\deep

D:/very/deep

Computer\share\deep*

//Computer/share/deep

All of them works fine. The only issue is how to use symbolic links in NFS-sender, which is made as D:\DSFS <- D:\very\deepest\some\another\tralala .

--

Iliya Kuznetsov

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my understanding you can not use symbolic links.

Regards,

Sarvesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be u can suggest something to SAP directly.

Thinking logically, one of the reason could be that FA don't really know which OS it is dealing with. If the adapter installation passes some OS information internally to the adapter, then only this feature could be included in FA.

SAP was just trying to make it more generic :).

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

In terms any fs-link-able operation system (unix, windows/ntfs) there is no difference in opening of linked or ordinary file. So for me this is annoying trouble inside FA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Use Transaction AL11 in XI and check if your dir exists there. While mentioning the dir name in Communication Channel you don't have to mention the drive letter e.g. 'D' just mentioned \dsfs only.

Very Important, that you should have full dir access authorization i.e. 777

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Use Transaction AL11 in XI and check if your dir exists there. While mentioning the dir name in Communication Channel you don't have to mention the drive letter e.g. 'D' just mentioned \dsfs only.

>

> Very Important, that you should have full dir access authorization i.e. 777

Because of file adapter works on J2EE-side, there is no need in AL11 approach. SAPService<SID> is the user who has to have enough rights, and he actually has full access to both of directories (full and linked).

Former Member
0 Kudos

r u using NFS. is that folder available under d:\ drive. y don't u pick a folder from AL11 and use that path