cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channel Stop and Start

0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We are using XI along with MQ for queing messages to our 3rd party logistics. Due to some issues happened in the past, it is decided to stop and restart the MQ channels every weekend. Now the problem is, when the MQ is down, some of the XI communication channels will go down, and will not start automatically, when the MQ bounces back. Now this had created a manual activity every weekend to stop and start all communication channels.

Question is, is there any way we can schedule it as a job to stop and start the channels, at a specific time ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In case you know the specific times as you mentioned when the MQ server would be stopped, you can actually schedule the adapetr in XI using this blog

Regards

Monika

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the answers. We are using XI 7.0, and the solution provided is available in PI7.1, which for us, is planning to upgrade first Q '09.

I ave another question, how do we find the code which runs behind this Java Servlet ? So that I can check, if it uses some method or function module from ABAP, for starting and stopping of channels.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are using XI 7.0, and the solution provided is available in PI7.1

The solution provided is also available in SP 10 in PI 7.0 or SP 19 in XI 3.0.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

It is possible in scheduling the messages in XI...

1. But before doing this make sure that at what time you want to be schedule ?

2. Is that time will be uniform for every week or else is it may varies ?

3. If Uniform please make schedule or else if it is varying note the difference between those timings I mean

If your Messages are flowing for every Tuesday and also every Thursday...., etc..

4. You can schedule what ever may be the time it is suppose if those timings are varying weekly once a

day but in that single day or next day if it was more than once..then better scheduling the

communication channels to be start for and to be process for that particular 2 days and remaining days

it wont work I mean stopping Cc

5. Now when come to process...in scheduling...

a) Click RWB>Component Monitoring>Communication Channel monitoiing

b) Right side u can check Availability TIme planning option click that..a seperate window will opens

THere u can observe these options..

c) also u can see the log

I hope it will be useful to you...

Availability plan--> ONCE /DIALY / WEEKLY/ MONTHLY based on your req select any one...

Create: to create the scheduling...

change: to change the existing one

Save: to save

Reset if u want toreset alll

Delete and copy also as u know these..

While creating you can again see these options 3 main TABS

details: --> Corresponding details

CC: select ur chanel

OPTION 2

In XI 3.O you can directly do scheduling there after selecting the radio button of any Comunication channel and there adjacent to Audit log u can see availability time plan other than rt side top corder..

I hope it will be useful to u

Regards

Amar Srinivas Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

You can do this in

Runtimeworkbench--Component Monitoring-ChannelMonitoring

in that you will find Availability Time Planning on the right side top of the page.

In that click create.

there you can find the details. Select the particular communication channel and specify the time details there.

Regards,

Leela

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Scheduling is possible

check the following blog

regards

Ramesh P

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If u want this for specific channels, then use Planning Availability Times.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/06bd029da31122e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Prateek