cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install ECC6 under Fedora 9 for X86-64 Bite.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

When I install ECC6 under the Fedora9 Linux. During check the OS version, SAP install gui also popup a message like bellowed, even I can ignore the message by unclick checkbox but I just worry about there will be some other issues behind. Anyone can provide some advices to let SAP check pass?

The message as bellowed:

"supported linux distributions on AMD64 and intel EM64T are SuSE

linux Enterprise Server 10 (SLES10), SuSE linux Enterprise Server 9

for AMD64 and intel EM64T (SLES9), Red HAT Enterprose linux 5 (RHEL5)

and Red Hat Enterprise linux 4 (RHEL4) .

Current distribution :Unkown distribution: /etc/fedora-release-Fedora Core release 4 (Tettnang)

/etc/redhat-release-Fedora Core release 4 (Tettnang) /etc/system-release-Fedora Core release 4 (Tettnang).

See also SAP Note 171356 and http://service.sap.com/platforms-->Product Avaliability Matrix (Updataed 2005-06-24)"

Regards

Jialin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jialin,

Fedora Core is not a supported platform for SAP. Technically, it might work, but in case of OS problems, where you might have a productive system down situation, there is probably anyone there you will fix the problem in a reasonable time frame. Additionally, Novell and Red Hat are testing their enterprise distributions with SAP software before delivering them. This testing does not happen with the community versions.

Therefore, the advise for passing this check is: Follow the instructions the check is telling you

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hannes Kuehnemund,

Thank you for your kindly support. Coz Fedora also was supported by Red Hat and the core are same with Red hat even from now on, Red hat doen't support it anymore. But we still can use a stable old version for our system. The question is how to cheat SAP installation for Linux version check. I have changed related release file in system but SAP still popup the error msg proposed. Any further advices?

Regards

Jialin

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jialin,

please understand, that I cannot give you an advise how to install SAP software on an unsupported platform.

Thanks,

Hannes

PS: Anyway, other forum members may answer you directly, what you have to change ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hannes Kuehnemund ,

Thank you and I understood your situation.I will try it later. But I think open sourece is a trend for all software.......

Regards

Jialin

Answers (0)