cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export data from production server to other server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have three SAP servers, they are production server, developement sever and testing server. The testing server is not in the same landscape of the prod and dev server. This is used for training purpose in before. Recently I need to test a new scenario in the testing server, so I need export the data in production server to it. Does anyone have ideal how to do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the test server to test your scenario , once everything is fine then after you can transport this to production server.

if your test server is not in same system landscape then you need to perform manual transport.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks! But how to perform manual transport?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

one query : do you want all production server data in test server?

or you want to transport your test scenario from test server to production server? if you want to transport then proceed as follows

Your test server is not is same landscape , might be in local transport domain.

you need to create the virtual system in STMS and maintain the transport route for your test system and virtual system.

then after whenever you create the transport request assign the target system ( virtual system SID) so this will create the data and cofile in \usr\sap\trans\data and ..\trans\cofiles folder you need to move this cofile and data file to production server ..\trans\data and ..\trans\cofiles folder

then after add the request in production server queue by running stms_import -> extras -> other request -> add > enter the source request number. and import the request.

regards,

kaushal

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor

Answers (0)