cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration builder connection after J2EE Engine restart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What happens if you restart J2EE Engine when you are connected to Integration Builder? Do you need to log off and log in again in to Integration Builder?. I understand that it will challenge for password if you attempt to do any further work in IB. But, it is not working.

Do we need to log off and login again whenever we restart J2EE Engine?

Can anyone please explain the behaviour of Integration Builder of J2EE Engine restart?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Chandu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi chandu,

//What happens if you restart J2EE Engine when you are connected to Integration Builder? Do you need to log off and log in again in to Integration Builder?. I understand that it will challenge for password if you attempt to do any further work in IB

Yes, it will challenge for the password and even if you type the correct password, it will keep prompting again as the j2EE engine is being restarted.

So, you will have to log off ( close your IB ) and then once the restart of your j2ee engine is done, log in again.

In some cases, your objects can be locked and so you will have to go and unlock them under ADMINISTRATION--> LOCK OVER VIEW.

Normally only the SUPER USER has the access to do this.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the prompt response.

Where can I check the lock over view? What do you mean by super user? XISUPER?

Regards

Chandu

P.S : i am unable to award the points as the points radio button is disappeared.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

//Where can I check the lock over view

In the main page ( the page displayed from TCODE SXMB_IFR ), just click on ADMINISTRATION--> LOCKOVERVIEW.

Normally, only XISUPER can do the locking and unlocking of objects, but it is also possible that the rights has been accessed to any normal user. You will have to contact your BASIS team on the same.

Regards,

Bhavesh

PS try awarding points once again and if that doesnt work, no problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the details. But, I understand from my colleague that it was earlier possible to continue with the integration builder even after RESTART by entering the password without logging off. Is it changes with Support Package 15? We are on SP15.

He is curious to know about the same.

Can anyone clarify this please?

Regards

Chandu

P.S : Points radio button does not appear. I will reward as soon as they are visible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on SP14 and is having to close and re-login...

If possible, pls open an OSS message on this and see what is the answer that SAP can give us ...

Thanks,

Renjith

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

I am on SP14 and you have to log off to log in again in SP14. I dont know how this issue behaves with respect to other SPs.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

You are right...

I also had to log back in(close the window and login again) after a J2EE restart...(Although it would ask for a password, it never worked for me also..)

Thanks,

Renjith.