SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple BP with a contract.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Could you site an example when more then one business partner is linked to a contract in utility industry?

What different type of partners exist for the same?

Thanks,

Chirantan

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, Am I right in assuming that Brokers/Agents can be created as BP with specific role in this case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

according 2 a sap isu one installation can have 1 contract and 1 contract is assigned to contract accounts

but i contract account can have many contracts

so according 2 ur query..one contract cannot be attached to many bp..

but i do have heared abt dual contracts am not pretty sure vat its..

kr

raj

0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

My question is not in context of Contract Account and Contract Relationship.

I am looking for examples where one contract account is linked to multiple BPs.

Thanks,

Chirantan

0 Kudos

Do you know concept of Primary Business Partner and Secondary Business Partner.

IN BUT050 table : BP relationships/role definitions: General data

Please have a look into this. I don't know much about this.

Regards,

Shiva Kumar

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'll give two examples: one purely from a business POV, not linked to SAP; and one SAP example.

Business case:

In some large companies, or in the public sector, it's possible that a higher level organisation negotiates one contract from several daughtercompanies or regional divisions. In that case you have one signed piece of paper (that's a contract in business!) valid for multiple individually responsable business partners. In SAP terms, that would be one CRM offer and business agreement, to be invoiced in multiple IS-U contracts.

SAP case:

In SAP, as mentioned by others, only one BP can be linked to a CA, which can be linked to one or more contracts. This model is not sufficient for the business case stated above. How to translate it to SAP? You can define roles and relationships between partners, so you can create all your regional divisions as a BP with a CA and a contract; and in addition you can create the global group as a BP too, which can be linked to each of the regions with a relation of "...is mother company of...". You can link multiple BPs to each other, you can link one BP in multiple roles, so you can basically model any construction.

Hope this answers your query!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not come across such requirement in my experiance where one contract is linked to multiple BPs, technical it is not possible unless you mess the whole ISU data model.

For this reason SAP has provided BP relationship functionality where technicall only one BP is related to contract via contract account, and other BPs who are reponsible for the same contract are maintained at the primary BP level. If you go through any BP relationship document i think you can very implement your requirement.

I have also seen relationships at the Contract account level (something know "Other Partner"). So instead of relation at BP level you can also relate then at Contract Account level.

I believe relation two people or two BP at the contract level is not possible technically and you need to use one of the above options.

-ASB

0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

If you have a look at the FKKVKP table you would realize that it primary keys comprises of a Contract Account Number(VKONT) and Business Partner(GPART).

So technically, it is possible to have a more than one business partner with contract account number.

Moreover, I am sure if SAP has a 2 fields as primary key there has to be a sound reason behind it.I am trying to understand that reason from this post.

Thanks,

Chirantan

Edited by: chirantan chanana on Oct 24, 2008 10:22 AM

0 Kudos

Chirantan,

What you mentioned is what I mentioned as second option

"I have also seen relationships at the Contract account level (something know "Other Partner"). So instead of relation at BP level you can also relate then at Contract Account level."

However this option is very not flexible, to implement functionality with different roles, time slices etc.

My recommandation would be to use BP relationship functionality.

-Anand