cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem if Webservice Provider and Consumer created by different systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it a problem when the ServiceProvider and the Service Cosnumer are generated and deployed in different Systems?

My Rrovider is in a SAP ECC 6.0 and my Consumer in a SAP NetWeaver 7.11 ABAP.

I need to call a Web Service which is deployed on a SAP ECC 6.0 which is running in a customers network, so not in the SAP corporate network.

I have to call this service (which is a simple "HelloWorld" Service created from an ABAP function module) with a Web Service Consumer which I have created on a Netweaver AS 7.11 ABAP which is running in SAP corporate network in Palo Alto.

To create the Consumer I used the Webservice tool in SE80s Repository Browser under Enterprise Services -> Create -> Service Consumer. I used a local WSDL file of the Webservice which I downloaded with my Browser. (Here is the link of the very simple HelloWorld Webservice WSDL which I want to call: http://loke.cob.csuchico.edu:8024/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/zws_chv_fm2?sap-client=100&wsdl)

However, when I try to test my WebService Consumer using F8 within SE80 I get the error message:

"SoapFaultCode:1 SOAP Header not understood. Exception of class CX_AI_SYSTEM_FAULT"

I am using a ProxyServer in my LogicalPort which I have created with the SOAMANAGER. I set the ProxyServer to: PROXY:8080.

So could the different Netweaver versions be the problem. For example the Provider and the Consumer Stubs just talk to different SOAP messages types because the generation algorihtm is diffenret in both versions?

FYI:

I tested the Webservice Provider with an external Testtool (Eclipse WebTools) and it works fine.

Thanks,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That kind of error may be coming from the proxy settings.

You should test with and without proxy set.

Please also check SICF (Client -> Proxy Settings) where you can configure a general proxy setting that may "shortcircuit" your proxy definition in the logical port.

Karim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested with and without proxy settings. The proxy settings are fine.

The error must rely on the different system version which are used to generate the provider and consumer.

I think both generated clients use different SOAP headers.