cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilizing item category ALEN - Creation of PO is not auto generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am utilizing item category ALEN during my sales order creation process. ALEN is set up with "create purchase order automatically" flag. I am utilzing schedule line CB and I have maintained the order type NB, item category is 0 and acct. assign category is M. When I save the sales order, the purchase requisition is being created, but no purchase order. In fact, it doesn't seem to be even pulling against the data maintained in OVX5 (See below). I have read OSS note 332475 and I have followed those instructions, but my PO is not being generated.

One other question - when the ALE data is input for the sales organization (t-code OVX5), what have others input when the vendor, purchasing org and plant can vary (meaning, at times we transfer from plant A to plant B; then for the same sales organization, we transfer from plant B to plant A. Maintaining just one vendor against the same sales organization does not make sense to me as it will change depending upon the sourcing and receiving plants for the same sales org.

I have performed a search in OSS on Third Party Order Processing when it relates to individual purchase orders and how to properly configure when using ALEN and TAB - very little information to be found. I can find a great deal of information on third party processing when it relates to the utilization of TAS and ALES item category.

Any insights or areas to check would be very greatful.

Regards,

Sandy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

This issue has been resolved internally. I had to set the CB schedule line to using "7" stock transfer item category .. then apply a note to address an error message (note 883133).

Regards,

Sandy