cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup a SAP Print Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 3 tier of landscape, DEV, TST and PRD on ECC6. All of them have all the printers installed (55 units).

Now, i would like to consolidate the printers into a print server but dont know how to start with? Is the printing method referring "S"?

Does anyone know any tools that can migrate the printers out to another machine?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting the following error when we have configured an IBM printer.

"Job Cancelled by Supervisor: Sent to physical destination, Agent error message: IPDS error: ***** Error : (The system cannot find the file specified."

This error message is being picked from table "TSPEVJOB".

When i am trying to give print from spool, i am getting this error message. Can anyone help me on this.

Regards,

Gautham

Former Member
0 Kudos

on which Operating system are your DEV, TST and PRD?

This sample is for UNIX/LINUX:

check that all of your DEV, TST and PRD have at least 3 Spool-Workprozesses

select a Spooling System which runs on UNIX/LINUX (in this sample I will use PRISMATnet from OCE which is also called Xprint within SIEMENS, you could also use Unispool from Hollandhouse or HP OutputManager former DAZEL from HP or ........or ......as well)

I suggest your PRD has the most powerfull Hardware, install here Xprint-Master / PRISMAnet-Master.

On DEV and TST install Xprint-Client / PRISMAnet-Client.

On PRISMAnet-Master, setup all your printers like networkprinters (IP-Address and Queuename) or BSD Printers on Windows-Printserver or..... or......, connect all your clients to Master and ALL your printers are available on all SAP Systemes like DEV, TST and PRD. You need to administer ALL your printers only on one machine (for details see the PRISMAnet/Xprint Documentation).

In SAP check in Transaktion "rz10" on each DEV, TST and PRD to have the correct "rspo" parameters for "PRISMAnet", then implement all your printers with "HostSpoolAccessMethod" "L". You could implement your printers on DEV and afterwards use report "rspoxdev" to export all printers into an ASCII-File. Use this file and again ABAP-report "rspoxdev" to import all your printers to TST and PRD.

You could automate this printer "export/import" with a batch and a variant to be done every 24h or so, what means you have all printers on all DEV, TST and PRD within 24hours but need to maintain only on DEV.

You do NOT need to have your Master on PRD, you could also have a seperate Server for the Master, but do not forget to setup a Client then on PRD and cpnnetc to master.

If you have questions please post here

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

If your print server is IP based, first install printer at OS level on SAP server and use "C" option on windows based server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Log on to any client in the appropriate SAP system.

2. Go to transaction SPAD.

3. On the Spool Administration: Initial Screen screen, under the Devices/servers tab click the Output devices button.

4. On the Spool Administration: List of Output Devices screen, double click on the printer you need to reset.

5. On the Spool Administration: Output Device (Display) screen, click on the pencil picture-icon to switch from display mode to change mode.

6. On the Administration: Output Device (Change) screen, on the top-most menu bar click Edit u2192 Reactivate.

7. On the same Administration: Output Device (Display) screen, on the top-most menu bar click Edit u2192 Reset Cache.

8. On the same Administration: Output Device (Display) screen, on the top-most menu bar click Edit u2192 NI Reset.

9. You may now leave the SPAD transaction.

Anil