Heuristic scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to design Heuristic planning run for the following scenario:

1. I have DCs A and B

2. I get finished goods into both and both supply them to various plants

3. Let's say I have 50 in each DC.

Some times have 70 as requirement in DC A and it should send the goods from it's stock first and then it should get the rest from DC B.

This might be achieved by having a transportation lane from DC A--> DC B and creating stock transfers.

Now,

Some other times, I have 60 as requirement in DC B and it should send the goods from it's stock first and then it should get the rest from DC A.

Can I define a transportation lane from DCB --> DC A??

Does SNP support cyclic transportation lanes?? To my knowledge "No".

can somebody suggest me alternatives??

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SNP do not support cyclic TL , we had issues if there is cyclic TL for particualr material and than we need to delete one .(wrong one )

Also in determining LLC it will give error : /SAPAPO/SNPLLC - Determine Low-Level Code

I guess you can create one Main DC X which will be getting material from both A and B .

TL: X-A

X-B

Manish

Edited by: Manish Kumar Rathi on Oct 22, 2008 4:53 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishu,

I believe you would have transportation lane between DC A and PLT as well as DCB and PLT.If so why would one need to transfer the stock from DC A to DC B and then DC A supply to Plant PLT or other way.

Quota Arranangement will have in dividing the required among transportation lane

In First Case

DC A to PLT 50 and DC B to PLT 20

In second Case

DC B to PLT 50 and DCA to PLT 10

Thukral

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish adn Thkral, thanks for the replies.

Manish, I am afraid creating a new DC has lot of complications including cost..I wouldn't mind customizing the system a little more than asking the business to setup another location, atleast a virtual one....

Coming to Thukral's point, the plants are not the companies plants and we don't want to include them in planning. It is in between the DCs that we want to manage..so is all this mess!

ANy other suggestions please?

Thanks.