Did you mean: 

File adapter

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

In a scenario i am using *file adapter*

In File adapter's Transport protocol there are two things --- NFS & FTP

I wanted to know where we should use NFS and where to use FTP?????

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

NFS - allows user to access files over a network just like a local drive attached to your system. Here XI is the user.

FTP - when you have ftp server running on the system. This is over the internet.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhreej,

NFS-- Get the data from Shared folders

FTP- Get the data from Server location.

Regard,s

Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

NFS is Network File System, which helps us to pick or drop the file on XI/PI server. Make sure you have read/write/delete access to the source directories on the serer in order to work with NFS.

FTP is File Transfer Protocol, which helps us to pick or drop the file from any remote or local location. For this you need login credentials.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

As it is mentioned

Use NFS incase you want to pick the file from the server itself.

Use FTP incase if you want to pick the file from the remote system.

you need to do following configurations for ftp.

regards,

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I wanted to know where we should use NFS and where to use FTP?????

NFS is used to read and write files at your PI server file system. No login credentials are required for this.

FTP is a network technology which allows you to connect to a server remotely and access file system on that server. Whenever you have to read or write files over the internet or any server other than PI server use FTP. FTP need to be allowed at the server you are trying to make FTP connection,

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we are connecting to a system within the network we will go for NFS. When we are connecting server using FTP we will go for FTP.

Regards,

Jayaram.G