cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

Our production system was reported running slow during particular period of time. I need some guide as to how should I find out the root cause. Please point me to right direction how do I troubleshoot it.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

You can check which component is going high in ST03N for that time interval ... Compare it for different tcodes response time pattern. If all tcodes were found in higher trned there is something else ... check for perodic jobs which r creating Lcok waits, check for perodic jobs which r using parallel processing or additional load coming on system ...

regards

Ashish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys, I guess I got my direction where to start from.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

I am facing the same issue of my PRD server being slow.

I would really appreciate if you could advice me somthng on it.

Regards

Ayush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dear,

as you are "facing the same issue", I would advise that you take the same advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

What is your Database version? from st03n,stad identify long running programs(high CPU, high database times). See if any recent changes have been done to those programs, ensure you have latest database patches, all db,SAP related parameters are upto date. You can find numerous notes on recommended performance tuning SAP notes. Sit with your technical(ABAP team) analyze the execution plan for those long running programs. System can be slow due to network, filesystem or OS resource issues, check alert files, trace files for any errors, regularly update your db statistics, looks for missing statistics on tables.

Go through these notes 841758, 588668, 830576, 771929, 772497, 912620, 619188, 712624, 797629, 135048, 354080, 793113, 806554, 881083, 973227, 1048686, 1088458, 828268, 618868, 927295, 702728, 480710....

Many of the notes are oracle, AIX based

Regards

KVR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, my database is Oracle 10g. could you tell me how do I run a trace for any transaction so that I can check what is really going on when the user experience slowness in the system

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are on oracle 10g then first check note 830576 as of now. First analyze whether your system is optimaly configured, check whether all OS, SAP parameter are at required level.

When ever you have an issue, identify the program from st03n last minutes loads, doing trace for all in production environment is not recommended. If you identify the user or program you can activate trace from st05 or st12. Generally I debug, do the single transaction analysis(st12) for identified long running programs in my QAS as it refreshed every month, check CPU, memory utilization on the server which is causing performance issues. Read the notes you will get good idea.You can also check the sql cache from st04 detaile analysis --> sql requests search for the identifed program and match the time of performance issue occurance and read the explain plan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

There can be many reasons why the system is slow.You have to check below t-codes for analyze.

sm51

sm50

sm21

st22

st02

st04

st06

st03n

sm37

First update the statitics of your database using BRTOOLS or in DB13.it will increase the performance.

Regards

Ashok