cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create/Edit button on Items Detail Iview very very slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a MDM resultset iview and MDM Item Details Iview for a very large table. When I click on the create or edit button on the Item Details iview, it keeps running and never finishes. This table has many fields and has many records but on the iview itself I am just displaying not more than 10 fields.

When I created an item details iview for another small table, I can create and edit the records in no time. But for the above table, it takes for ever to Edit/Create.

Can anybody tell me what the issue could be?

Thanks

MLS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Simona.

I am just leaving this thread open if anybody want to share anything on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

The portal is just the front end replicating the processes of the backend system in your case the MDM system.

Using the MDM repository with large number of records will cause a delay in creting or editing or even selcting records when operatings these functions from the MDM Data manger it self.

In that case EP is just replicating this issue on the front end.

As you have rightly mentioned that for smaller number of records in the MDM rep the function swork faster.It clearly indicates that even if you select less number of fields to be displayed on the front end,the backend still contains the large set of fields which needs to be processed,and this consume stime.

To fasten your process on both the backend end and the front end systems you need to correctly design the data model and the fields properties which will improve the performance.

You can refer the below link to better design your MDM data model:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/eb7447b1-0c01-0010-8d90-a2e004ca...

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto