cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Error by installation of NetWeaver 7.01 ABAP Trial Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i try to install "New SAP NetWeaver 7.01 ABAP Trial Version" on Windows XP SP2 in 3 seconds after start I get this errormassage : Java.lang.noclassdeffounderror: run Exception in thread "main" and then is installer dawn. What is to do? Plaese help !!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to install this trial stuff today on my home machine and I've faced the same issue.

After ashort time I've seen that the documentation is misleading.

Or to say it better: if you follow the link from the readme HTML file shipped with the RAR files,

you'll be told the steps of the installation.

First you'll see the link pointing to the SAP MMC Console on the web and you will then try to istall it - with success.

then as the 2. step you will be told to run setup.exe. And there is a link to setup.exe.

I downloaded that setup.exe and it will fail with the noclassdeffound exception.

The solution is much simpler: these software (SAP MMC Console and Setup.exe) are part of the ABAP Trial

Zip files. You can find them in the directory where you unpacked the "SAP NEtweaver ABAP Trial" content (C:SAPNW7.01ABAPTrial - at least for me).

If you start setup.exe from C:SAPNW7.01ABAPTrialimage, the setup will be fine. It finished on my machine in half an hour

successfully.

So again, if you follow the installation documentation on the web, you don't have to download the programs mentioned there.

Simply start it from the unpaked hierarchy and hopefully you will be happy with the result.

Cheers,

Balázs

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,rbollo and Darell,

i'm meet the same problem install the Netwear 7.0.1 ABAP trail version several times. first time used jdk1.5,second times with jdk1.6. and then pick up your sugssion i used with j2sdk-1_4_2_19,since i have't find j2sdk-1_4_2_16 (this is not big deal?) but still same problem occured . my detail information as below :

1. Windows XP pack 3. 1.128 GB ROM. enough space .

2. enabled MS LoopBack Adapter and make the hosts entry

3. x86 operation system .

4. even i can't see last installtion page let me click next "start application server" ,but after then i get I:\SAP\NSP\log.txt same as you .

log.txt details :

(Dec 22, 2008 3:34:36 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file I:\SAP\NSP\log.txt for details.

(Dec 22, 2008 3:34:36 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

STACK_TRACE: 15 ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.execute(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:254)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:224)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllInstallationSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:177)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.install(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:268)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)....

THanks

hans.

0 Kudos

Sorry all for not responding sooner, I solved my problem by installing java j2sdk-1_4_2-16 before reinstalling NetWeaver 7.01 ABAP Trial.

rogerbollo
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check you environment variable for Java ClassPath i.e. be sure you have a correct LD_LIBRARY_PATH of you .profile or .chrc

regards

rbollo

rogerbollo
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello

This depends on the directory you are lunching the setup from

Let us say [extract_folder] is where you downloaded the rar files

There is a subdirectory named image with a setup file

Starting the setup from the <extract_folder>\image may solve your problem.

Try and let us know if this helps.

rbo

0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem, and I've done what you're suggesting with the following error.

(Nov 11, 2008 6:47:43 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\SAP\NSP\log.txt for details.

(Nov 11, 2008 6:47:43 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

STACK_TRACE: 15

ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.execute(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:254)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:224)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllInstallationSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:177)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.install(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:268)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

rogerbollo
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Darell,

You are now facing a different problem, which I guess may be related to a mismatch between your JAVA version/stack and the version and/or O.S. needed by the NW 7.01 ABAP Trial Version package you downloaded.

Could you please answer the following four questions to help us investigate further:

1) Confirm you provided the C:\SAP\NSP\log.txt details. Otherwise provide them.

2) What Java version are you using ? "java --version"

3) Is your Operating System a 64bits (x86_64) or a 32 bits ( just x86 ) ?

4) Is this NetWeaver 7.01 ABAP Trial Version dedicated for a 64bits O.S. ?

Kind Regards

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same error, java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: run Exception in thread "main". I put the installer file in the folder where was the rar files but the error still happening. Someone knows something to fix this???

rogerbollo
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

This answer was for you:

Check you environment variable for Java ClassPath i.e. be sure you have a correct LD_LIBRARY_PATH of you .profile or .chrc

regards

rbollo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rbo,

Just wanted to confirm that running the setup.exe from the link in the html page (which then downloads it) did not work for me. Maybe the path info is wrong. Instead, I started the installer from the image folder and got it working. I also upgraded my J2SE to the latest release 1.4.2-19.

Hope this helps,

M