cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORACLE/PRD is 99%

Former Member
0 Kudos

DearExpert,

I found that my /ORACLE/PRD is 99% . and I am usging ECC 6.0 with Oracle 10 on HP Unix.

IF it goes to 100% what will happend ?

and How I reduse the space in this SAPDATA 1....5 ,SAPARCH , SAPBACKUP ,SAPCHECK ,MIRRLOGLOG A , MIRRLOGLOG B, ORAARCH,ORIGLOGA,ORIGLOGB,PATCH.log ,sapreorg ,saptrace,sqlnet.log ,trans.log ,lost+found,102_64

these file is there . How I reduse the space ? .Witch file I can delete .Because Its my Production Server.I can,t down my PRD. Please suggest

Thanks

manu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not much will happen, except if your datafiles are autoextendable.

add disk space on this partition... or add it in another partition and add new datafiles in that new partitions.

and oh... you did not tell which OS is being used. For HP-UX, it is better to leave at least 0.65% free because if you get to 100%, you might hit performance problems. at least, that was true back with HP-UX 11.11.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your repply, I want to delete some file. can u please explain what will be inside of these directory so that I can delete some file from following directory.

oracle/PRD/oraarch

oracle/PRD/saparch

/oracle/PRD/sapreorg

/oracle/client

/usr/sap/PRD

Thanks & Regards

manu

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

oracle/PRD/oraarch : offline redo logs you can delete them if you backed them up

oracle/PRD/saparch: archive log backup logs. you can delete them if you do not plan on restoring them

/oracle/PRD/sapreorg: you can safely delete everything in there.

/oracle/client: do not touch

/usr/sap/PRD: too many things are in there, you can delete *.old files

all in all, if you find files named "core", you can delete those.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your repply .

What is inside of oracle/client ????????????

Thanks

manu

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

inside /oracle/client, you get "binaries" for your Oracle client. DO NOT DELETE anything from this directory.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

moved to SAP on Oracle - because it is really not an Windows question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi manu

please increase memory in os level of production server and assign to /oracle,/usr/sap/,/sap/mnt. in Oracle directory u delete only oraarch files only because these are the offline.some times these are also very important because of recovery purpose.some times server will crash that time we have option in Oracle ''recovery''.For that recovery it will ask archive files So best suggestion is increase memorary in os level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your repply

manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi manu,

when it goes 100%, then you have a big problem. Extend your space before that happened.

Do not reduce any space even if it is possible. We don't know what happened to your SAP data if you done it. Don't waste your time by inviting problems and enjoy your life

ardhian

http://sapbasis.wordpress.com

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manu,

IF it goes to 100% what will happend ?

Users might be seeing the hour glass running, running & running..As you've the production server, try to add more diskspace as soon as possible.

The tablespace size can be reduced by doing a tablespace reorganization (done by the Database admin). This doesn't decrease the filesystem level size, but the decreases the %age usage of tablespace.

for more help.. help.sap.com

Regards,

Debasis.

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first of all:

do not delete any files!!!!

you cannot reduce the database by deleting files - you (or the person in charge of the sap system/database) have to either backup log files or (as 99% seems to be the fillinmg grade of the database - or is it juts one tablespace?) increase the database/tablesapce by adding data files...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>IF it goes to 100% what will happend ?

It will explode in a ball of fire...

Call the production admin to deal with the problem and don't tell me it's you : I would be frightened so much for your users...

Regards,

Olivier