cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging documents into one PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to merge multiple files (MS Word, MS Excel) into one PDF document using ADS.

I saw a sample progam FP_PDF_TEST_19 which says * Merge data from a file in an existing PDF. I am trying similar to that.

I checked the ADS connection/configuration and seems to be correct. To confirm that I executed the programs FP_PDF_TEST_00 & FP_TEST_00..It is showing version number and PDF form accordingly.

When I run the program FP_PDF_TEST_19..I am getting the following exception..

System Error: com.adobe.ProcessingException: PDF is not interactive: Data can only be imported into interactive forms.

Processing exception during a "MergeData" operation.

My Question is it possible to merge multiple documents and if possible is there any configuration I am missing.

Please let me know if you require more details.

Thanks

Naren

Edited by: Narendran Muthukumaran on Oct 23, 2008 9:49 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, "merging" document while using ADS consist of adding attachement to ypur form, you can really mere several document into one .

For merging document you have to give a PDF file for input and the document you want to add ( Excel, Word ... ) . The PDF document must be known by the system that means you must have define a form while using transaction SFP . If it's not the case the system can't make the merge .

Hope this help you

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can transfer pdf file to internal table then you can do anything... by using internal table.

see below link... it will work fine.

Thanks,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry.. Searching for the link..Finally got it.

Please check the link for details.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/java/PDFCM.aspx

Thanks

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved it using a third party java code.

Thanks

Naren

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendran,

Can you please share the solution, as that's expected from a SDN veteran like you...

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Narendran

our business has put in the same request like you had.

I would appreciate if you could share your solution

Nesimi