cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination of MPOS activation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

While doing create/copy a new planning object structure and attempt to activate the MPOS gives a program error UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION with exception CX_RSR_X_MESSAGE.

I did some admin reports for live cache objects and tables entry deletions with SAP_DROP_TMPTABLES (as recommended in one note that i came across).

Most related notes that I came across relates to SCM BASIS support packs that are already implemented in the past support packs.

Could someone give some pointers as to what else to look for. Did anyone face this issue before. The program termination happens is less than 10 secs

Reference system: SCM 5.0, SP11 and SCM 5.0 BASIS, SP11.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, is this a DP MPOS? it needs to have atleast one CVC. Try creating atleast one CVC and then activate it.

Also try these:

1. check if all the info objects included in the POS are active

2. Check if the product and location as assigned in menu > extras

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loknath,

You can check the Dump in ST22 and then identify the info object name that causes the short dump. eg 0IOBJNM

If that is the problem then you need to follow the process below.

1. Go to transaction RSRV

2. On the Information popup screen, confirm the message by choosing Continue button.

3.On the Analysis and Repair of BW Objects screen, choose All Elementary Tests folder under Tests.

4.Choose Master Data sub-folder.

5.Choose Compare Number Range and Maximum SID command by double clicking on it.

6.Double click on the Compare Number Range and Maximum SID command on the right hand screen area.

7.On the Parameter Entry popup window, enter the Info object name which causes the short dump.

8.Choose Transfer.

9.Choose Execute.

10.Choose Back.

11.If there is an error (in a red traffic light), then choose Correct Error.

12.Choose Execute.

After finishing the above steps, try again to see if the short dump disappears

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praful, Venkat and Sai.

Tried all your suggestions but none worked.

Let me rephrase. if this helps.

- The problem happens for newly cretaed MPOS (DPBOM relevant MPOS) either created from standard POS or manually created one.

- The problem DOES NOT happen with existing active MPOS. I am able to deactivate and reactivate the same.

This the the ST22 error log. Greek and Latin to me beyond a point but i did follow some suggestions here. but of no help.

-

Note: It is possible to attach files now to threads. Please use that feature rather than copy pasting a big dump in the thread itself. Makes it easier for other users to follow and respond.

Edited by: Somnath Manna on Oct 24, 2008 2:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Loknath, you can take help of your ABAP resource and try to debug this . I am sure you will definetely get some clue as to what exactly happening behind the screen

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two things...

Firstly please put in short dump or other large volume of data using the Attach Files option rather than copy paste in the message thread itself.

Secondly I doubt if you ABAPer can help going through the short dump

This looks to be more BW data mart related.

Do you have aggregates in the MPOS containing the DP-BOMs.

For example

Note 1074388 - SAPBINews NetWeaver 7.0 BI Support Package 16

Now coming back to the short dump - though I am not an ABAPer (never even tried writing a single line of code)

if you see the Active Calls/Events then you can trace the programs that passed before the short dump was generated.

Let's start with

Call No. Type Program Include (use SE38) Line of code

13 FUNCTION /SAPAPO/SAPLOO_TS_PLOBSTRU /SAPAPO/LOO_TS_PLOBSTRUU07 64

64 line of code basically is the point for selecting the PLOB / MPOS that you want to activate. Doing so graphically called the next program.

14 FORM /SAPAPO/SAPLOO_TS_PLOBSTRU /SAPAPO/LOO_TS_PLOBSTRUFP1 274

274 line of code calls a Function Module RSSM_APO_REQUEST_GET passing the Infocube (for the associated MPOS) to get the details request id.

15 FUNCTION SAPLRSSM LRSSMU25 115

This function LRSSMU25 is nothing but the underlying INCLUDE of FM RSSM_APO_REQUEST_GET. Line 115 of code says " insert rsmonicdp". This RSMONICDP is table 'Monitor Request Data Packet Table'

I guess this table stores the Request ID for the cubes. So from this table the code extracts the Request ID for the infocube for the MPOS.

16 FUNCTION SAPLRRSI LRRSIU08 105

Next the Request ID is getting the SID

17 FORM SAPLRRSI LRRSIF02 585 VALUE_TO_SID_CONVERT

18 FORM SAPLRRSI LRRSIF02 714 VALUE_TO_SID_CONVERT1

19 FORM SAPLRRSI LRRSIF02 54 NEW_SIDS_CREATE

20 FORM SAPLRRSI LRRSIF02 192 SIDS_CREATE

21 FORM SAPLRRSI LRRSIF02 1362 CHECK_REQUESTSID

and looks like this is where it fails at the end of form plausible_check_char line 1362 of Include LRRSIF02 that itself gets called from form SIDS_CREATE

Hope this does not distract you

Somnath

Edited by: Somnath Manna on Oct 24, 2008 3:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Somnath for the pain of typing it all. Let me spend time with my ABAP guys here to figure this out and also educate myself on basic of debugging. I have just started following the ABAP basics and atleast make of the developers view in ST22.

btw i don't see the attach file option anyhere on this whole screen

Regards,

Loknath

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loknath,

The attach files option comes up at the bottom of the message screen when u reply or put in a new thread. You should find it easily - just above Post Message / Save Now / Discard button. It was added as an outcome of multiple threads in Suggestions & Comments forum

As for the ABAP Basics - best of luck. You may like to take a look at the APO-Technical page in the SCM Wiki.

If you are in India (Bangalore/Hyderabad) it might be worth to come down to Community Day on Nov 11 at Bangalore

Oh by the way don't worry about "Re: How brillaint are SAP developers and desginers" all of us in our SAP career has gone through the same patch. IMHO first year in SAP you tend to touch anything and everything, second year you feel great "knowing" so much in SAP. By third year the fact hits hard - SAP is a ocean and there is no way to become an expert in everything. Then onwards you tend to focus on one application/module build expertise in that and then broaden knowledge in other related application/module. Maybe the timeline varies depending on the individual's intellectual capability. But I am a slow learner and that's what it took me Being in the game for quite long (actually will complete 7 years on 5th November) all I can say is I am still learning every day and SCN is my single source of truth for SAP related stuff.

Regards,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Som for your reply and wise words :-). Nice to know about the community day. Infact such events really make a great platform to open up, come out of the cocoon and be inspired from good fellows and mentors and come home with a renewed vigour. unfortunately I am not at bangalore or hyderabad but in a quaint town of pune.

Let me know if there are enough people from pune from the APO/SCM/Logistics community. I can co-moderate and organize such an event in Pune/Mumbai region or do whatever i could.

btw... there is no attach icon or anything of that sort abouve tthe "post message - save now-discard" at the bottom of this mail. i think this feature is limited to the moderators and administrators and such.

Regards,

Loknath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Loknath, I am not really sure the exact reason but I can say this type of error (without much error analysis) is common in other applications too like loading the daat into APO from BW, during realignment.For example take a look at note: 1153104. I suggest to upgrade your SP to latest one. Also please check if you have same issue in other client systems. Also try to run OM17 for any inconsistencies.