cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Investment Management implementation in 2009

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

At the moment i am doing implementation for Project System / Investment Management. It is scheduled to live on 1/01/09

Any advice what should i do to counter any issue on PS and investment management ?

Especially for Investment management. Should i do budget carry forward from 2008 to 2009 ? or any other advice?

Feel free.

Cheers,

Nies

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this depends mainly on your cut over strategy -

are you converting existing projects?

Is the historical postings also being converted - most likely not

if not then what happens to costing of projects - ie are you converting partial complete projects, if so without historical data how you will analyse the project costs etc for whole projects

what if you have projects over say 5 yrs - do you want to roll over budgets from say 2003?

my advise would be to allow all the financial trial balance conversion take care of the project P&L

you should only convert active projects with structures to be used form 1/1/09

create z tables for any data required for historical puposes for the drill down from standard reports or use statistical postings to build the historical data only for the converted projects

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my opinion, the decision depends upon the tracking of the previous year records. If you are going to create projects in previous financial year (2008) then you will need to set the budget for 2008 and then carry forward remaining. also the approval year for investment program will be 2008.Otherwise setting up current budget for 2009 will be a good option.

Lets wait for others to comment.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per i know, in IM for year 2008-2009 we follow financial year as 2009.

so from now upto march 2009. you can do budgeting for year 2009 and also approval year will be year 2009,

from april 2009 you will have to carryforward the budget to next financial year 2010.

This is what we follow.

so as of 01/01/09, you can use current budget and do carry forward in march for 2010