cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM or IM ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're implementing SAP in a production plan (Food industry) Raw material is stored in silos there. The business requirement is that to monitor the stock and capacity by silos. Is it possible without WM using only the IM. (Of course I don't want to configure several Storage Location for silos)

Thanks for your help in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume the silos you are speaking about are not separate huge buildings...

If you want to monitor both quantity in and capacity for each of them, you have no other sensible option but WM.

I think you consume the raw material from the silos continously and use it for your production. In this case Lean WM isn't a sensible option as well since there's no bin-wise update in Lean WM, bin-wise stock reports are also not possible...

So, please consider the use of full WM...WM-PP integration might be a very interesting thing...of course the proper solution depends on the other logistics processes as well that are not known by us...

(if your silos are huge separate buildings and the material flow between them is a separate, not too difficult logistics issue, and you have not many of them (silos), maybe SLocs can be used...in my opinion...)

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Oct 22, 2008 8:11 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Oct 22, 2008 8:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. So I decided to use full WM for the silo station (nine silos). Storage type represents the silo station and bins represent the silos in the configuration. I will use the same solution for the tankfarm as well.

No we're working in Russia but next year we are going to continue the project in Hungary. Just tell me if you are interested in joining to the project

Br.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe you can use the "Storage Bin" (MARD-LGPBE) of the material (on the Plant/S.Loc 1 view) to specify the silo that the material uses. The storage bin will be showing in MMBE. However, there's no capacity check for this.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try with Lean WM functionality. Here you can define the Silos as fixed bins.

Regards,