SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPX for Masterdata - coming soon ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

maybe you have seen the SAP F&R BPX page under

The question is open, do we need an additional BPX page for common masterdata in SAP Retail

Please post in this thread, which topics are from interest.

All topics should be related to the master data topic.

e.g.

EAN/GTIN handling

Screen sequences and field selection

What is your need - we hear you !

Regards

Björn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

let me at least reply to:

a) We have Merchandise Hierarchy and also there is Article Hierarchy . What is the significance of these two.

The article hierarchy has articles as leaves and the merchandise category hierarchy has merchandise categories as leaves. Here you have to expand the found merchandise Categories (leaves) to get the articles at the end!

Best regards,

Uli

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn,

Yes Master Data is a vast subject and it is one of the key factors of a project success. .

Let us take a few examples:

a) We have Merchandise Hierarchy and also there is Article Hierarchy . What is the significance of these two.

b) In SAP you can have 9 levels of hierarchy levels but it is recommended that you go for max 5 or 6 levels. Why?

c) What is the use of Layout Modules Tab in Articles Creation Tcode MM41 _ Additional data

d) How to use Multiple EANs

e) Why I need not go for external number ranges for my Articles and only internal number ranges are usually in practice

f) What is the significance of using Prepack or Display Articles.

g) How to use Group Articles ?

H) When we should recommend Value-Only Articles?

i) What is requirement group in Articles Creation?

The above are only a few instances. There are so many challenges in Master Data.

It is welcome.

Regards,

S.V.ManiKumaar

0 Kudos

Hi Manikumaar,

thank you very much for the topics. We will try to find an answer for every topic.

Regards

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

The one for F&R is great and so is the other Master data documented that you posted.

The difference between Article and merchandise hierarchy is not entirely clear.

Also it would be great to have some information about Characteristics - their impact, functionalities and caution. n

0 Kudos

Hi Subha,

I guess you read the document under already.

If yes, please give me feedback about the open questions. Then I will spent some hours to write another summary about the hierarchies etc...

Regards

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

let me at least reply to:

The article hierarchy has articles as leaves and the merchandise category hierarchy has merchandise categories as leaves. Here you have to expand the found merchandise Categories (leaves) to get the articles at the end!

Best regards,

Uli