cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam related (saplenh_contract) jobs filling my background wpu2019s.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am running some support packages on my production system. These are HCM / payroll and can be applied during active times. Since I do these spu2019s in small groups, each execution of spam will launch a background job that runs a long time. The job is: saplenh_contract. Now I ask is there a real reason for this and why does it take so long. I have 6 background wpu2019s and now I must wait for these 3 to finish. Can I cancel them?

Any comments are welcome.

Pat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

Thanks for the advice. I have to believe SAP when they say that HCM spu2019s can be applied on an active system, since these spu2019s come out about every month and it cannot be ignored when you do payroll. Also, we run 24/7 in a global environment. But here is a view of sm50 after I confirmed the last sp. All are related to SPAM. These are perhaps something unique to our ECC system and something to do with enhancement packages but it is a mystery to me.

Client wp type user job time

000 41 BGD DDIC SAPLFGRUXX_ANALYSE 4339

000 42 BGD DDIC SAPLFGRUXX_ANALYSE 3124

000 39 BGD DDIC SAPLENH_CONTRACT 398

000 40 BGD DDIC SAPLENH_CONTRACT 1232 update ENHCROSS

000 44 BGD PATD RSLDAGDS On Hold RFC 256

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP has provided an option of downtime minimised, I am not saying you to stop your SAP system.

In The DDIC import phase you should not allow any user to login into the system and work this would phase would go for a very shorter span of time say 25-30 mins at max. I dont think this would cause any problems.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The HR pacthes generally takes long time. You have to always import the patch in the downtime minimized mode. Because when any user updates or makes any DD changes would seriously impact on the system.

So you have to be carefull while applying the patches.

Also dont try to stop the background job which is importing the patches.Never know if that is in the satge of DD import then it would cause very serious impact on the system.

Regards,

Vamshi.