cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMICM and SICF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When do we use these T codes, SMICM and SICF ? Do we need authorizations to view them ? Or is it done only by basis guys ?

Ajith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In most cases we do have the authorization for them in Dev but not in PRD. SMICM can be used to view HTTP port & HTTP monitoring + J2EE engine restart or shutdown.

SICF is used to activate the services. some time to configure the services as well e.g. user name & pwd etc..

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

So we will have access to things that we dont have access in DEV in PROD. I thought the access is more of role based. So its about the system also. So even if we dont have access in DEV for certain things we may have access in PROD. But dont we use the same username there also ?

Ajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically its transaction and if u dont have sufficient authorization on any of the system then u can not see it.

yes ur basis people give the certain roles to ur user then only u can access that tcode.

it might be same user or different user.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry if you understood it worng.. It is role based. You should have roles to access these transactions.

What I ment was in Dev system generally we get more roles than PRD system and that is the reason you can run these transactions in DEV but not always. If you don't have roles in Dev for these transactions then you can not run them.

I hope now it is clear.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I got it.

I guess as a developer I dont have to kow much about these transactioons as we dont use it at all, even if so very rarely.

Regards

Ajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, as a developer you don't require it. If there is a need you can ask your BASIS team to add the role in order to access the required transactions.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

both the transactions are used by basis people so developer dont have to bother.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me just one instance where we need to use these transactions, SMICM and SICF ? just one reason we gotta use it.

Ajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think sharvesh has already replied to u in his one post.

chirag

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

when we are creating the HTTP destinations we will use this transaction for URL generation and to find out http port number.

thanks,

peddarapu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you need authorization to run those tr. codes.

to know more details about those.

SMICM and SICF

Regards

Sridhar Goli