cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects costing logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

do you know how it is possible to change the costing logic for a task-based replication scenario. Basically I need to have the task rate and demand completely ignored and instead have the logic consider roles and resources (if resources have been allocated to the role). It is basically a mix between task-based replication with role-based costing logic.

Has anyone done that before? Your help will be very much appreciated !!! Of course max. points. awarded.

Cheers, L.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lacramioara,

It seems you have the same need we had

We asked a first time SAP how we could solve this, and the answer was not so good: either you choose task-based costing and it does not take into account the role/distribution, or you choose role-based costing, and then you don't replicate the project structure.

So we had to develop our own logic. To do so, you can implement BADI DPR_FIN_GECCO_CALC, method IF_EX_DPR_FIN_GECCO_CALC~CHANGE_CALCULATION_DATA.

We are using the task-based costing.

During accounting integration, the BADI is then triggered. You get several parameters, especially table ct_calc_part_links which includes the assignment between roles and tasks. Then, we developped our own logic to retrieve the roles distributions, and we updated this internal table (delete and replace some entries) with the wished data. It's a bit tricky to handle, you have to be carefull with entries indexes and references.

As a result, we can see in Easy Cost Planning in our ERP system the corresponding data.

I hope it will help you.

Matthias

Edited by: Matthias BRISSEAU on Oct 22, 2008 3:39 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still working on it. I suppose you will need a custom table to hold the rates from payroll that needs to be read instead of the standard rate....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lacramioara,

We also have similar requirement to derive estimated planned costs based on Resources,Roles and Tasks with respective order of priority. I am also looking at the same BADI to change the costing i.e. if resource is assigned then resource rate should precedence over all other else role rate should be used else task rate.

I see that there is a similar BADI ar R3 side and the costing also happens for ECP for that the project structure is transferred to R3 as well. Got bit confused with all this, can you bring some clarity on how it should be achieved apart from what is discussed in this thread.

The method in CPR DPR_FIN_GECCO_CALC~CHANGE_CALCULATION_DATA has attrributes like

CT_CALC_RESOURCES[] which according to documentation if filled should ovferride other costing logic and will be used but in any situation i could not see this table filled, if i try to fill it myself it does not reflect any change, any idea why?

Can you please outline your strategy how you are trying to achieve this, help is much appreciated.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are stuck up at BADI DPR_FIN_GECCO_CALC, method in CPR DPR_FIN_GECCO_CALC~CHANGE_CALCULATION_DATA.

When we call attrributes like CT_CALC_RESOURCES & fill the the resource cost manually (runtime), the cost of resource is not calculated.

Appreciate any input in this regard.

Regards

Sejo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Great! Thank you once again. It was very helpful!

Cheers, L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lacramioara,

Were you able to define the costing logic to capture the resource based cost rates (from Payroll) instead of role based cost? If yes, plz could you share the solution? Even I have come accross the same scenario.

Regdz

Sejo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

I am tagging this as answered, because you have set me on the right path, but I will probably get back to you with some follow up questions.

Did you take into consideration resources as well, or you stopped at roles only. I am wondering if I will get in ECP the cost line items split between role and resources: for example 10 hrs total, out of which 3hrs still for role and 7hrs assigned to personnel number xyz. Will this go to ERP ?! I hope so!

Thank you once again!

Kind regards, L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

We stopped the split at role level, as we didn't plan at resource level for budget.

But I think it would justbe an additional step in your calculation rules.

Matthias