cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO on JVM 1.6+ ? will this happen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

we are actually working on a software that was originally provided by SUN Microsystems and uses SAP JCO and JAVA 1.6 JVM (minimum). the biggest problem about this is right now that JCO from my point of view is not compatible/supported with JDK / JRE 1.6 right now. i am pretty new to SAP things and i wanted to get your opinion on this.

as Java SE 6 was released in December 11, 2006 from my point of view it would be not too "impatient" that SAP customers would have wanted this for a long time now...

does anyone here know if support for VMs 1.6.X will exist in the future or are being planned or will never be released?

any input appreciated.

regards chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following is the latest release of JCo

The SAP JCo 3.0.0 is unrestrictedly available for the following platforms: Windows XP/Vista/2003/2008, Linux (Intel processors, IBM eServer zSeries, Intel EM64T and AMD64 processors), Solaris (SPARC), AIX, HP-UX (PA-RISC and Itanium) and Apple OS X (Intel). For the exact platform and JDK prerequisites please see SAP Note 1077727.

The package of the SAP JCo 3.0.0 includes the software as well as documentation, tutorial, and examples. The SAP JCo 3.0.0 needs a JDK 5 or higher. The Windows versions of the SAP JCo are shipped as a zip file. The Unix versions of the SAP JCo are shipped as a tgz file.

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000463654&;

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ayyapparaj,

thanks for the answer.

since 1077727 points out that jco 3.0 is supported on JVM 5 there is no word on higher or JVM 6.

so i am a little sad since my question remains open till JVM 5 is supported but everything else is not stated as supported. --> unsupported.

any additional information?

or am i missing something? where did you take your knowledge that JCO 3.0 supports JVM6 or higher ?

regards chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

JVM 1.6+ is always a trial and error. Explore at your risk

Have you tried it? and was there any specific errors?

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ayyapparaj,

have tried it and it was just working but i wanted it to be supported if possible....

that is why i wanted to ask i someone out there has any idea if this will happen any time?

since jdk 6 is now 2 years old i would not consider this as very new anymore (in IT terms). and i have not found any material when SAP wanted it to be supported smewhen.

regards chris