Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify WBS elements with AuC status

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We had earlier developed a report which determines whether the entered project id can be set to CLSD status or not. The problem arises with few WBS elements which have AuC statuses. The report is displaying them as closeable but we fail to close them through CJ20N. The problem is that the program captures the status of some projects as TECO but these projects have WBS elements which have statuses like "TECO BUDG AUC SETCu201D because of which the system doesnu2019t allow CJ20N to close it. So can any one help me suggest any means by which we can detect whether any of a projects WBS elements are in the AUC status?

Regards,

Uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the system status will be AUC for the object

refer tables tj02,jcds, jsto

get WBS object number from table prps

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. I was trying to go through the tables in detail before I again get back to you about anything. From TJ02 I got to know that I0163 is the status code for Asset in construction costs. So I obtained the OBJNR values of all my WBS elements and I went through all the 3 tables TJ02, JCDS & JSTO that you had suggested. The data in JEST for 1 of the OBJNR values contained this I0163 value in 1 row. I wasn't however sure as to which particular status we could consider for the WBS from among the list. Is it something like the last row of the table would be the current status of the element & that all the other statuses just point to the various history of changes that it went through? (Am mailing you a copy of the same thread so that you would get the data displayed in a proper tabular format.)

Regards,

Uday

MANDT OBJNR STAT INACT CHGNR

400 PR00304257 I0001 X 002

400 PR00304257 I0002 X 004

400 PR00304257 I0005 X 001

400 PR00304257 I0028 001

400 PR00304257 I0045 003

400 PR00304257 I0064 X 002

400 PR00304257 I0067 001

400 PR00304257 I0163 001

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that's correct - I had missed the table jest

now for the objnr where status I0163 is active means that you have AuC, in your case I would make the rule that it would not matter if AuC was active or not

this way your WBS with auc can be segregated

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Am sorry to keep bugging you with so many questions. Its just that am not a functional guy and so am kind of dumb at these things... Do you mean to say that if a WBS element has an last record entry in JEST with the STAT value as I0163 then I can assume that this element wouldn't be closeable through CJ20N irrespective of the activation flag value? Is my assumption that the last record of the table always refers to the current status of the WBS element & that all other records represent the history of the various changes this WBS element went through correct?. Am asking so coz I would have to build my logic on which particular records STAT value the report should take into consideration. Please correct if I am wrong.

Regards,

Uday

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

firstly the status I0163 need not be the last one, any entry in jest with the objnr (of wbs) and status I0163 is what you are looking for

secondly - the issue of closure is seperate - your requirement is to flag those WBS elements that have AuC from a list of WBS's

thirdly - from what I understand wherever you have AuC you will always have active as you cannot close due to not wanting to create final asset - if you do choose to close the WBS after creation of final asset, then the activation flag comes in play and the value must not be equal to X

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

I had based my report logic on the assumption that all WBS elements having status as AuC cannot be closed but however there are even some WBS elements which have the status as AuC but can be closed by the system. So am now trying to concentrate on the other common behaviour which is shown by the 2 faulty project idu2019s that I have. When I try to close them in CJ20N both of them throw an error popup with the long text as below:

"You cannot deactive asset 40000161 0.  (Please check.)
Message no. AY109

Diagnosis
The asset 40000161 0 in company code 0050 cannot be deactivated. Values exist for the asset.

You probably tried to give an order or a WBS element the status "Close", or to set a deletion flag.  However, since the order or WBS element is a capital investment measure, you first have to credit (clear) the accompanying asset under construction 40000161 0.

System Response
The function cannot be carried out.

Procedure
First, completely settle the order or the WBS element.  In addition, carry out a full settlement, in order to clear the asset under construction.  Then you can carry out the desired function."

I felt like it meant to say that any WBS element which falls under the so called, u201CCapital Investment Categoryu201D cannot be closed. If thatu2019s true then could you please help advise me as to how we can identify WBS elements which fall under this category. Expecting your patient support once again over this matter.

Regards,

Uday

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is the error for the ones with Auc that cannot be closed

you need to create a final asset and settle to final asset to deactivate the AuC and move the debits as the acquisition value of the asset

there is nothing different here

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Virendra,

Thanks once again for your prompt response. I dont want to close any projects. I just want to be able to correctly identify as to which projects can be closed and which cannot. Please excuse me for this repeated question but is it a rule that if a project falls under the, "Capital Investment Category" then it cannot be closed directly through CJ20N? Coz if its yes then I can then try research on how to figure out which projects fall under this category and then report them all as not closeable by CJ20N.

Regards,

Uday

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you are going on in circles

if you do not want to close them that is fine

use the AuC status to identify them based on logic as discussed before

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Yes I understand this is going like a deadlock situation. As how I said earlier the AUC status check condition isn't working. There are some projects which even have the AuC status but which can be closed through CJ20N. Its why I had to re-think my strategy and look for another workaround.

Regards,

Uday

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then you have to find something that is different for those projects as opposed to the ones that have AuC and cannot be closed

also check if the ones that can be closed have status AUC without activation flag in jest - that could be the difference

you need to check with your functional guy really to tell you

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Thanks for helping me out through this problem. The client has agreed to compromise on the program not being able to detect these exceptional projects as not closeable. He said that they would be mostly running the program for performing a database update and the program does anyway fail to update the database.

Regards,

Uday