Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role not generated after transport to PRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there

We've encountered the following situation:

Once we've modified the role in DEV --> created transport request --> request released to PRD --> the role shows red authorisation tab and yellow user tab in PRD. The authorisation tab is red because it is not generated and it contains new authorisation values. Can anyone kindly explain why this is happenning?

Thanks for our time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member1061482
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Theoz

It seems that some changes were made to the roles after the transport was created.

Plz Refer to SAP Note 571276 and the following link:

Thx!

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have u generated roles in DEV system ?? Hope no organisational values are missing in authorizations tab. Yello user tab means , you have to do user comparison after importing request in PRD system.

Regards,

Sneha

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Theoz,

maybe the creator of the transport unchecked to transport the profile as well when creating the transport?

b.rgds, Bernhard

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

You probably have not transported the roles with the generated profile. There fore you need to mass generate the profiles!

See transaction code SUPC.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/52/67155f439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

/fredrik

former_member1061482
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Theoz

It seems that some changes were made to the roles after the transport was created.

Plz Refer to SAP Note 571276 and the following link:

Thx!

0 Kudos

Thanks to you guys for your valuable inputs. It seems like the red light status on the authorisation tab is caused by the system upgrade.

Is it enough if we just call up step 2C in SU25 to get a list of roles with ungenerated profile, then manually generate them one by one on the target system?

Mass generation might not be good idea, as it will generate "new" values without checking.

Is this a common "problem" when it comes to the system upgrade? Is there a way to handle this better or prevent it?

0 Kudos

Hi Theoz ,

I just completed upgrade from 4.6C to ECC6.0. And the red traffic light in SU25 2C step is common problem.

You have to generate these profiles one by one.

To help you out I am just giving you some brief information about affected authorization obejcts :-

Step 2C

This step guides you through all the roles that are affected by newly added authorization checks and that have to be changed to correspond. The corresponding authorization profiles need to be edited and regenerated. You can jump directly to role maintenance.

SU25, 2C step also contains the new SAP roles introduced.

If you go to one by one role , there are some authorization objects that are got affected during upgrade. We can categorize these authorization objects as below:-

1. Standard New u2013 These are new authorization objects that are introduced in new system for corresponding tcode.

2. Manually new - It shows the authorization objects which were manually added in old system. Some of the values got updated for this also.

3. Standard Updated - Updated means, in old system if you have kept the standard values as it is, SAP has updated these standard values( u can check this one in SU24 check indicators).

4. Maintained New- Some of the organizational values introduced as field in authorization object.

After maintaining all new authorization objects, you can save it and generate the profile. If you get back to SU25 2C step shows all the roles with green signal. Means all roles saved and generated.

SU25, 2C step also contains the new SAP roles introduced.

After generating all profiles in SU25 2C step, you can jump to 2D step.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Sneha

0 Kudos

Thanks Sneha

That was really helpful and I know what should I do now. Thanks again!

Cheers!

0 Kudos

Hi Theoz /Sneha ;

Can you please compile your experieces during & after the upgrade and post it as a 'reply to the already exsistent upgrade post in the forum?

Sneha ; can you put in yours too ? I am compiling mine: Idea is next time folks need to be able to do the upgrade with just these lines.

Thanks