cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Parameters of SLD

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have installated SOLMAN 4.0 with local SLD... but dear,,, i want to know abt the connection parameters of SLD....mean if i want to install system with

SLD Destination: Registar in existing central SLD (default)

then what parameter connection will be put in

SLD HTTP Host: devsap (system Name)
SLD HTTP Port:  50000
SLD Data Supplier User: default
Password:

Self-Registration of ABAP Engine in Central SLD

SLD Gateway Host: ???
SLD Gateway instance Number:???

i m confusing abt Gateway parameters.

regards,

majamil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transaction: SMGW will give you host name & gateway service information.

Regards.

ashish_gupta3
Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings.

I am trying to perform a new install of Solution Manager and am getting prompted for the SLD informtion. I do not have an existing SLD installed. Is there a way to install SLD from within the Solution Manager media or is SLD a separate package from SAP.

If i select 'NO SLD Destination' - will Solution Manger still work?

I am also required to select 'Connection Type'. Should i be using the 'Messaging Server' or 'J2EE' option. Will this require an existing SAP Netweaver in place before i can actually install Solution Manager.

Thanks for any help and assistance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally SLD is installed on the same Host as the solution Manager and its part of the Solution manager installation. It is a Java based application which runs on the Web AS. You can install it separately or you can link it to other SLD applications running else where to replicate data across. i would recommend you install it as part of your SolMan install.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you installed SLD locally with Solution Manager then gateway host is the hostname of your solution manager system and gateway instance number should be the instance number of your Sol Man.

/cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Majamil,

Please go through the following blog which says about Solution Manager 4.0 and SLD

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Satish.