Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating same files on Different FTP Locations

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario is like this

IDOC which is coming from SAP has to be sent to two FTP locations (XYZ20082210.dat both same structures)...

Can any one please give me the best approach to handle this...

I know i can do this by creating in two ways

1) Using 1:N mapping

but this also i dont think the right approach as i need to duplicated the same Message Type and rename into 2 Message Type and use in the 1:N mapping.

2) creating 2 Message Mappings and two Interface mappings and two recievers ..

But this one XI processess the Mappings two times which is not good as we recieve multiple Idocs at a time...

Please suggest me a suitable approach for which way i can achieve by more Optmizing ...

Thanks and Regards,

sridhar reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As both the receivers expect the same structures, do the following.

In IR, only 1 message mapping and 1 interface mapping

In ID, only one receiver determination with multiple receivers. Put any condition if required, otherwise leave the condition field blank. For both the receivers, use same Interface determination. But use different receiver channels.

Regards,

Prateek

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Correct my earlier reply...

2) i will using the one message mapping and Interface mapping in ID two times ....

Its right what you are saying ...

If i use 2 recievers and two same Interface determinations, cant this be a duplication mean XI processess the same Mapping two times ... which i dont want...

Correct me if am wrong ...

Please can you suggest further..

Regards,

sridhar

Edited by: sridhar reddy kondam on Oct 22, 2008 6:17 AM

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I never used but I guess you can use OS Command(if works for FTP also) to copy the same file at two diff. locations.

Thanks!

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is actually the easiest way to implement your requirement. If u talk in terms of performance, then this option should be better than using multi-mapping.

Are u really dealing with very large message structure with a huge message flow frequency? Only in such a case it will affect the overall performance.

Regards,

Prateek

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

You are right, i just wanted to know if i could get better handling...

even i thought of using the same...

Will go with that ...

I had done as we discussed and in the moni we are getting message branched and then two messages being created...

And at present i will follow this...

But request to let me know if any better handling is there...

Regards,

Sridhar Reddy

Edited by: sridhar reddy kondam on Oct 22, 2008 11:51 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Used 2nd option

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

If you want to work out this issue using OS command, then you configure your receiver file adapter to place the file in one folder say 'Source' . Let your two destinations be Target 1 and 2 in the network. Paste the below two lines in notepad, edit the path names and save as .bat extension.

xcopy D:\Source\.* "
NetworkPath\Target1"*

xcopy D:\Source\.* "
NetworkPath\Target2"*

If you receiver folders are in Windows network :

You should run the above mentioned bat file to copy your messages to the destination in network.

Note : XI can NOT execute a OS command/ shell script on the receiver FTP server. The OS Command for the file adapter only runs on the system in which the Adapter Framework is running.

If you receiver folders are in FTP Server :

Refer this link :

http://www.circa.ufl.edu/handouts/networks/ftp.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

You can do that by adding a new receiver in Receiver determination.

Link to this new receiver a new Communication Channel in Receiver agreement pointing

to the other FTP location.

Hope this helps.

Carlos