cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLIX Functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Guru's,

I need to do auto Archieving of my Repositories daily, I heard we can do this Functionality using CLIX. Could you please guide me how to use CLIX (any Documents or links) and do i need to install it in my machine.

Do we have any other way to Auto archive Repositories other than CLIX ?? If so please let me know it.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Srihari Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

For autoarchiving we have to use CLIX. Please check the wiki below in which detailed steps have been given for Auto Archiving of MDM repository in Windows platform.

CLIX allow us to execute batch files which can be scheduled.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/2IrzAQ

Kindly update us...

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

This is absolutely possible in MDM CLIX. I have done this number of times.

For this, first of all you need to install MDM CLIX on your MDM server; the MDM CLIX version should be compatible with your MDM Server version.

CLIX is a DOS based tool, so you will have to type all commands in MS-DOS.

After opening MS-DOS, go to the folder where you have installed CLIX. now type edit and type this command:

CLIX cpyArchive MdsHostSpec RepositorySpec

Here MdsHostSpec is host:password where host is local host name or IP address and the colon and password are needed only if the mds is password controlled.

RepositorySpec is RepositoryName:DBMSHostSpec where RepositoryName is the exact name you have given the repository and DBMSHostSpec --DBMSInstanceName:dbType:userName:password DBMSInstanceName is determined by your DBMS naming conventions dbType field is one of (m, o, s, d, i, z) for MaxDB, Oracle, Sql Server, DB2, DB2_i5/OS, or DB2_z/OS.

Now save this file as .bat file and schedule it by using Windows Scheduler.

This will definitely solve your problem.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

ThankQ for ur Quick response,

Do we have any other work around method to Auto archive Repsotories other than CLIX.

Cheers

srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

You can archive any repository only by two methods:

1. Through MDM Console

2. Through MDM CLIX

But if you want to automate the archive process and want to perform it daily without any human intervention then MDM CLIX is the only and so far best solution.

So, I would suggest you to go with MDM CLIX. It won't take much time to create an MDM CLIX batch file for auto-archiving. It will take hardly 10 mins.

You can also refer the below wiki on Getting Started with CLIX:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/community/getting%2bstarted%2bwith%2bmdm%2bclix

Regards,

Varun

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SriHari,

As said by Varun CLIX is the best possible automatic method you can use and for manually its console, But as you insist for any other alternative, then one more solution would be using API's; write JAVA code and then again put it in a batch file and place it for scheduling. If you don't have CLIX and find JAVA easy then this might be the best option.

Cheers,

Cherry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

ThankQ guys for your solutions. I heard about CLIX, Java. Do we have ABAP API's for this?

If we don't have ABAP API's then my question is solved.

cheers

Srihari

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Logically it should be possible.

there is ABAP API for creating and loading the repository.

However there is no function module for archiving. So if you can write for it then you can set the program in batch to make it automatic.

Will be waiting if someone did this.

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

ThankQ all for ur co-operation.

Regards

Srihari Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used CLIX command to auto archive repository, i scheduled back ground task, its ran sucessfully. Now where do i need to see for my archive file?

Command used:

CLIX cpyArchive 10.20.33.239 UOM:MDD:o:test1:pwd -F -A TestClixBackup.a2a -D.

10.20.33.239 -- IP Address of server

UOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used CLIX command to auto archive repository, i scheduled back ground task, its ran sucessfully. Now where do i need to see for my archive file?

Command used:

CLIX cpyArchive 10.20.33.239 UOM:MDD:o:test1:pwd -F TestClixBackup.a2a -D.

10.20.33.239 -- IP Address of server

UOM - Repsoitiry name

MDD - Database name

o - Oracle

test1 - user ID

pwd - password

-F : flag to overwrite exisiting Archive Repository

TestClixBackup.a2a : name of the repository

-D : Date

Please suggest me, if i am done with correct syntax and if so, where can i find my archived repository.

Thanks

Srihari Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Archives Folder only.

{MDM Installation Directory} -> Server -> Archives

Default: C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Server\Archives

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Edited by: Jitesh Talreja on Oct 24, 2008 6:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

The syntax of your CLIX command is perfectly fine. It will generate the archive file in Archives folder under Server Directory.

The location of a2a file always remains the same irrespective of the approach (whether you use CLIX or MDM Console) you follow for archiving.

So, in your case as well you will find the archive file in Archives folder under Server Directory.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I find its hard on my side. I don't see the archive file in my archive repository, means my repo is not archived.

Could please see my syntax again and confirm me or could you please give the syntax.

Thanks

Srihari Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

You must be searching for TestClixBackup.a2a in the archive folder. But in CLIX archive command you can't provide the name of your archive file.

Whenever you execute archive command in CLIX; it automatically takes the archive file name as name of repository followed by datestamp. Like if your repository name is UOM; then CLIX will generate a2a file by name UOM_081024.a2a (if you are executing the command on 24th Oct 2008).

So, please try this command:

CLIX cpyArchive 10.20.33.239 UOM:MDD:o:test1:pwd -F -D

The purpose of -F is that if there is already any archive file by this name then it will overwrite the existing one; otherwise it will give the error Error: 0x80010004, Already exists

So, after executing the above CLIX command; please check in Archive folder under Server Directory.

Please let me know, if problem still persists.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Happy Diwali

It did not work again,

My Syntax was:

CLIX cpyArchive 10.20.33.239 UOM:Pwd:MDD:o:test1:pwd -F -D

10.20.33.239 - Sever IP

UOM -Repository

PWD - Repository password

MDD - Database

o - Oracle database

test1 - user ID

pwd - user password

-F

-D

Could you please analyse & correct me, if i am wrong.

Cheers

Srihari Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Happy Diwali to you too.

CLIX cpyArchive 10.20.33.239 UOM:Pwd:MDD:o:test1:pwd -F -D

10.20.33.239 - Sever IP

UOM -Repository

PWD - Repository password

MDD - Database

o - Oracle database

test1 - user ID

pwd - user password

-F

-D

Here in your command you have specified the repository password as well which should not be there in the command; so please try this syntax:

CLIX cpyArchive 10.20.33.239 UOM:MDD:o:test1:pwd -F -D

Here test1 and pwd should be your Database user ID and password which you use in Console for archiving any repository.

While archiving you don't need to specify the repository password in the CLIX command.

After performing these operations, go to Archive folder and sort all the available files on the basis of Date Modified.

Then please let me know, if you can see any recently created file in the Archive folder.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Thanks for ur co-operation & patience, but i am sorry its not working.

I tired only syntax for copying(Archiving) Repository, as i hv already loaded the repository.

Do i need to write any other syntax while archiving the repository. if so please confirm.

If u don't mind could you share your phone number, so that i can call you.

Cheers

Srihari Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Refer the below link

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/2IrzAQ

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

You don't need to write any other syntax for archiving. Just write the syntax which I have provided you.

You can email me your contact details and will contact you asap.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Thanks. I am still seraching to fix this issue. My contact no - 09789063987

Cheers

Srihari Reddy