cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualified table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a requirement, for a single vendor record need to maintain multiple License details.

ie., main table 'Vendor' will hold Vendor record and each vendor record may have multiple License's. Do i maintain the license table as 'multivalued' Qualified flat. If yes how do i link vendor and License tables and what field properties do i need to set.

ex: a field as qualified/non-qualifier ?

Sonali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

Depending on your requirement you can use a lookup flat or qualified. Both of them can be multivalued.

If the license no. is depending on some other field then its better to use a qualified table. Say for eg. there is a different license for a vendor for different regions. Then you can make the region as the non qualifier and maintain it in look up qualified. And make the license no as the qualifier and maintain it in the qualified table as well as in main table.

But if the license no. is independent of any fields, then you can use a look up flat to store the multiple value.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

there will be single vendor record for each vendor and each vendor can have multilple licenses independent on region.

how do i maintain the license's ?

if i maintain qualified table, do i need to make all fields in the table as 'qualifier'?

do i need to have vendor number in qualifed table.

Thanks,

Sonali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

For a single vendor having multiple licenses independent of any other fields, use look flat and not qualified table.

Create a look up flat with a single field called license no.

U need not maintain the vendor no in the look up flat.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

In this case you need to go for Lookup Flat Mulitivalued.

- Create a Lookup field in the Main table named License Number of type Lookup flat mulitivalued.

- In this tabel you can have one Field of type Text named License number

- Populate this lookup table will the legal License numbers in Data manager using Import manager/Data manager

- Then when you import the main tabel records you can have a single vendor record having multiple License numbers being stored in the Lookup field.

So this address your problem of multiple license number for a single vendor rec.

You need not use Qualified table here as you do not have nay relation between fields.So it is preferred you go for Lookup Flat Multivalued.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

I think question was not clear.

One vendor record may have mutiple license records.

in license table there will be 8 fields.

lincense number, expiry date, license group ....etc

i think i cannot use lookup flat, if i use lookup flat a record lincense number will appear in the vendor record as lookup field.

but one vendor record has many lincenses.

Cheers!

Sonali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

Fine. Then your requirement perfectly suits the use of qualified table.

Can you give the structure details of license table. and the relevance of the fields.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vendor record has all vendor information.

Vendor number, Vendor name, Phone, Fax .....

License table has :

License Number, Expiration date, License provider, License description.

Could you help me provide qualified table fields as qualifier or non-qualifer and what does that mean?

Thanks,

Sonali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

Qualified table comprises of qualifiers and non qualifiers fields.

In your case the license no can be the non qualifier.And the remaining fields like expiry date, license description , license provider etc. can be the qualifier.

You need to maintain all these fields in the qualified table License.

Apart from this, you need to maintain the license no in the main table also which will link your main table to you qualified license table. Preferably make it as a display field.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When creating the License Vendor qualified table, may i add vendor number in this table to link with vendor main table.

Sonali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sonali,

Bear in mind number of records in Qualified table has an impact on performance.

Why don't you have only License (or Name) field as NQ and all fields as qualifiers?

Proposed str:

Vendor Number

->

Qualified Table

Name (License) - NQ

-> License Number (LI12345), Expiry Date(1/1/209), so on so forth....

Regards,

Dev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

You do not need to add the Vendor number in the Qualified Table to maintain a link between the main table and the qualified table.

The lookup Qualified field in the main table will maintain this link between the two tables.

When you map the Main table fields in the import manager.You need to map the qualifiers as well as the non qualifiers at that point you will be mapping the Vendor number field present in the main table and the lookup qualified field as well.

This will establish the linking.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona ,

It confusing...could you please give me an example

Suppose Vendor table has three fields:

Vendor ID, Vendor Name, Description

License Table has 3 fields:

License Number, Date, Description

Could you tell me what field need to be added in which table to establish a link

Sonali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

Vendor ID, Vendor Name, Description can be placed in the main table Vendor.

License Number, Date, Description can be placed in the Qualified table with the License number as NQ and the determining fields ie Date and Description as Qualifiers.

Now When you do mapping of the Qualified table you will be bale to see only the non qualifier fields there.Map those fields with the main table fields and import in the Qualified table.

Now when you perform the main table mapping you will be able to see the Qualifiers as well as the non qualifiers fields and the lookup qualified field as well.

Firstly map all the main table fields such as Vendor ID, Vendor Name and Description then map the qualified tabel fields this will establish the mapping between the main table nad the qualified tabel records.

Follow this below link which will explain you better on qualified atbel mapping:

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Answers (0)