Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i configured packing proposal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

sap gurus,

i configured packing proposal.

when i create a packing proposal in sales order level it is asking in pricing for the packing material.

when i create direct automatic packing at delivery leve it is not for pricing but when i go for billing it is

asking for pricing at billing level.

as per rule we are maintaining packing inventory also and it should not ask for pricing.

but it is asking at delivery or billing level

where i did wrong

please suggest me

regards,

balaji.t

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Plz once again go thru this

Automatic packaging instructions have to be written in pop1and pof1 with standard SHIP condition record determination has to be given.

Make sure of the following settings.

1. Go to *SPRO-

2.Logistics Execution-

3.Packing-Define packaging material types-

4.Select ur packaging material type-

5.In Plant Determination -Enter Plant proposed from the packaging material*.

&

there are two logics regarding generation of delivery items for packaging materials. You can check those two cases in note 831204.

case I)

=====

1) you should check transaction 0184 if a delivery item category is defined for the combination of your

*delivery type +

*item category group that is defined in the material master of the packaging material (should be 'VERP' in standard) -> in case of outbound deliveries it is defined under 'Sales' view of material master, -> in case of inbound deliveries the data in field 'General Item Category Group' is relevant under 'Basic data 1' view of material master) +

*the item usage 'PACK'

AND

2) you should check your settings for the plant determination of the packaging material in tr. vhar -> this should be 'A' or 'B'

====================

OR

case II)

======

1) same as in case I)

AND

2) check tr. 0vlk if 'Gen. pack.matl item' is flagged for your delivery type

AND

3) check your settings for generating delivery items for the packaging material in tr. vhar -> this should be 'A' or 'B'

Regards

Sujith

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Balaji

I am sure, you would have maintained the packing material in sales bom for the salable items and that is why you got the error. In normal circumstances, in sale order, system will not ask you to maintain pricing for packing material. If so, delete that assignment, so that in sale order and billing, you wont face this problem.

Moreover, I am also sure, you would have maintained the item category group as VERP for that packing material.

After going to VL01N main screen, click from top menubar "Edit --> Pack, so that packing screen will appear, where two tabs you can see. On top, input the packing material code under the tab, "Packaging Materials" and at the bottom tab, you can see the salable item flows. Now Block both the packing material and salable code and click on "Pack" which will be left corner before "per part qty". System will show a message "Material was packed".

Now go to VF01, input the delivery reference and do billing. With this, not only the stock of salable item is reduced but also to that extent the packing material.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

lakshmi pathi,

what ever u said is 100% right.

but

it is asking for pricing at sales order, delivery and billing levels.

at item category level pricing (x) is removed

i am not able to understand what went wrong.

please help me on this

regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Balaji

B4 trying to give some solution, can you please let me know whether the packing material is also exploded in sale order which should not be the case. Also I am sure, you would have maitained the item category group as VERP for the packing material.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

lakshmi pathi ji,

i have taken item category group for packing material type VERP and item category i have copied from

standard, but at delivery level it is coming as HUPM.

no packing material is not exploded at sales order level.

if exploded it will start asking pricing at sales order level.

if in delivery level it is not asking pricing at this level but if you go for VF01 billing creation then it is throwing an error called PRICINg ERROR.

i doesn't what went wrong.

regards,

balaji.t

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Balaji,

Please go to VOV7 transaction then select your packing material item category then go in to the details here you maintain these settings,

Under Business Data you find field Pricing maintain this field as No pricing(Blank).

Now you try,

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

murali,

i have removed it already

but

its showing the same error

ie pricing error for packing material.