Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.6c or ECC / SAP Console or ITSMobile

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a 4.6c system and are planning on doing a WM project using SAP Console.

Someone has now suggested that we upgrade to ECC 6 for the WM solution ( as TRM is included and would be a big bonus for us) and integrate it with the 4.6 R/3 system

1. Has anyone a suggestion for the benefit of this?

2. And, is SAP Console still the best option or should we look at ITS Mobile?

Greenfield site so no previous user expectations that need to be included.

Thanks,

Kroc.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you upgrade it is obivous that you will get benefit of new functionalities. But it depends on your requirement whether you are going to use all these new functionality.

Regarding middle ware to be used to integrate RF device with SAP you have following options.

1.SAP conole.

2.Web console

3.Tekconsole-This is the latest technology which I know & have advantage over SAP console. Please refer document on this on internet.

Hope you satisfied with answers.

Regards,

Prashant

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you both.

Prashant,

Tekconsole is 3rd-party product so, presumably, has added cost.

From my reading WebSAPConsole is no longer going to be supported but the more basic SAP Console will be. Hence, at the moment, we are leaning towards SAP Console. The technology I am interested in hearing about people's actual experiences on is the ITS Mobile for ECC.

Is it good? Buggy? What extra does it provide?

Thanks,

Kroc.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are considering ECC 6.0 version of WM then you can implement a Decentralized EWM system and integrate it with 4.6c which needs some distribution model set up with in ERP and WM systems. This version has lot of other add on functionalities like

Yard Management- Tracking Status of Vehicles from Check-in till check-out

Task & Resource Management

Web SAP Console is used for interfacing with Mobile devices in this case. TRM has better RF screen enhancment options.

Thanks

Funky Tech.