cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Database in Service Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I recently created a test symptom and its solution in Solution Database through transaction 'IS01'. Now i am not able to understand how do i get that solution attached to a service desk message. In a service desk

message you get a tab of solution database but all the rows in that grid remain greyed out and i cant add any solution from my solution database.

one way i see is that when i click on the search button i am able to locate the symptom which i can attach to the message. But as soon as i click ok button after selecting the symptom number, the message windows closes down and when i return back to the same message there is nothing attached in solution database grid.

I am interested in knowing whether the solution get attached by themselves through certain intelligent search or am i suppose to find one and attach it myself. If so, then how? Or if the solution database is searched automatically then when does it happen and what is the

search criteria dependant upon?

Regards,

Bilal Nazir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ katia,

Even i had this problem, is02 Transaction does not exist ?

I had Escalated is to OSS.

The reply was that " Trek may not be installed or may be configured improperly.

Raquel Cunha was right in spotting the problem.

Full marks to him.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suzzanne,

Did OSS indicate what exactly was not configured properly? How did you resolve your issue? Which version of Solution Manager is this for?

We also see that IS02 transaction does not exist in our Solution Manager system; however, we have double checked that we've successfully completed all steps listed in the IMG related to TREX.

Thanks, Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

I am getting same error "Transaction IS02 does not exist" , can you please help me , how you resolve it.

Thanks

Andrew

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can search for problem solutions in your internal solution database. The solution database is delivered without symptoms and solutions. You construct the internal solution database with the functions Edit Symptoms and Solutions (IS01) and Update Solution Database Index (IS02).

creating your own solution database, see under Structure linkSolution Database or http://help.sap.com/ ® SAP Customer Relationship Mgmt. ® SAP CRM 5.0 ® Search for "Customer Service (CS), Solution Database“ ® Solution Database in the Search menu.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I will try it out and let you know

thanks

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

Well I have been able to solve the problem. The thing is that you have to release both your symptom and solution that you created through transaction IS01. Then you have to compile those two through transaction IS02. And once you are in IS02 i ll refer to you that please switch on the Automatic Compilation. Then you are all set to attach it in your service desk message. It worked for me, I hope it works for you too.

Regards,

Bilal Nazir

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I tried to execute IS02 , it says 'trans does not exist'. am i making some mistake here?

thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have even more problems; I can not create my problems in the internal solution database: I have tried both the wizard and the normal menu, and after I entered all data, the system will list the problems, but just the nummeration (just number problem), and if I try to display them it says: "problem number 1 doesnt exist" and so on.

However, when I enter the data to create a problem, in the attribute: "Problem Code" I can not enter any of the proposed options, because it complains that "there is no text for that catalog entry in english" which is my logon language.

I didnt specify any customized settings for the solution database, just attempting to use the default settings delivered by SAP.

And then if I try to perform transaction IS02, it complains that there is no such a transaction.

Can anybody help please?

Thank you very much in advance,

Best regards

Katia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I also created symptoms and solutions. But when I search I don't find anything. And the search mask doesn't take the short discription as a search parameter, as described in the solMan documentation.

If I enter the symptom number and try to add this, I get an error message:

No lexicon created in language EN for index with ID 2001.

Can anybody help?

Cheers Lars